Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Zeusmybeardie":1r1otdja said:
Well I know she wouldn't breed I was just curious if the two he's thing could be a gene thing if she breed them

it's a genetic mutation. it's not meant to survive. They wouldn't have lived this long without B being awesome, and they don't pass along the trait. I would assume it would be whichever set of genitals is dominant, or if there's only one set it belongs to one of the heads or something. If it WAS bred it would most likely produce normal offspring.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
ARG!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Dangit12 I'm trying to get those pic's. I have been fighting with PB for over 2 hours now and not one pic will upload. I'll try again in a few minutes....right now I'm raging. :angry5:
Till then I will attempt to catch up.... :lol: 3 pages back I must go. :lol:

Anazoth":2iky24el said:
Zak and Wheezie are amazing!
Thank-you! :D
Welcome to the site! :D

Thank-you Sandy, Deb, reptilemaster, Christine, Zeusmybeardie, Joanne, Troll :laughing6: (Dawn), Morgan, Gina, and Irwinshealth. :D
It's so great to be back as a part of the living world again. :lol:
I sure have missed you all! :love5:

Hope you are feeling better Deb!
Hugs!

Sandy about the pooping question...Amount not really...maybe one an a half times as much as you'd think. they use to poop twice a day for a long time. I swore then that they were the poops from 2 different stomach contents as they distinctively looked different. Remember they do not both enjoy the same foods. Now for the past year or so they only poop once a day(which is normal if you ask me) usually, but still looks like there are 2 different looking poops. They do have decent size poops each day not like most my beardies which either go alot one day and none or very little the next...or...only poop ever few days. I'm glad they go every day still I think I'd freak out if they didn't. Speaking of freaking out...last week they were chow hounds. I had given them some apple, banana, berry baby food as a treat...a bit to much I guess. Because the poop the very next day was like soup. But added a few beardie bites to their next meal and firmed things right back up. Wheew!

So Twiggy isn't a girl Joanne?
Hugs! I'm glad everyone is doing well!

Dawn don't even think about it! Gus keeps me so busy....I'd notice him gone in a heart beat.
I swear Gus thinks he's a ferret. He's up, down, this way, that way, jumps, springs, and climbs everywhere and constantly...just during the day rather than at night. Crazy dragon he tried to imitate a flying squirrel a couple of days ago.
I looked into my room and he was making a jump from the trunk to my sewing machine which was a good 3 feet apart. He made it! But he looked really funny arms and legs all spread out flying. He's a freakin' nut!

Mysticsilk":2iky24el said:
This is amazing, i'm sure this question may have been asked at least once but do the heads actually fight/disagree sometimes? that would be funny to see!
Thank-you! :)
They do not nor can not really fight, but they do disagree quite often. LOL

Spydr":2iky24el said:
This is one of the most amazing things i've ever seen our heard of! The whole time I was waiting to read when he passed away. I can't believe he's still alive! This is awsome!
Thank-you! :D
They are quite unique and very amazing little troopers. :D
It's hard to believe myself that they are coming up on their 5th Birthday in just a few months...gee how time flies!

Zuesmybeardie, RandyMarsh is correct you can not intentionally duplicate this type of mutation. If they were to breed they wouldn't reproduce their type. Though like said I'd never ever consider it.
1) I don't wish this type of existence for any beardies...forced to live together and limited mobilities.
2) I truly believe that understanding their psyche is very important. I make a very hard and diligent attempt to keep things as equal and fair as possible. If they were to breed the head that actually grabbed the female would feel more dominate in the situation. Which in return would leave the other head feeling left out even though he'd be relieved too. Then we would end up with a dominate head. :cry:

RandyMarsh thank-you for the nice compliment. :D

Okay I'm gonna go give PB another chance to cooperate. Wish me luck! :lol:

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Barb,
Just wanted to say I love reading your posts and updates. I am glad that you care for and love your beardies!

~Jonathan

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hi Jonathan! Thank-you! I'm happy that you enjoy my little miracles! :)
Beardies are amazing pets! I love them all! They are such characters! :D
If you were to ask my family...they'd say I love and care for my beardies more than them. :lol:
I think my kitty cats would agree too! :laughing6:
I can see where they would get that idea. :lol:
No one gets fed until the beardies have all eaten, bathed, and pooped. Needless to say the family has given up on getting breakfast fixed for them. :laughing6:

Is anyone else having issues with PB today? :banghead:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
I'm checking the fabric stash... I think I have some fabric that looks like Gus' leatherback skin... gotta go build a beardie double... THEN she won't realize he's gone mwahahahahaha!!!!

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
yeah, she might let me get down the block, but unless I can navigate those vineyards, I'm gonna get the beat-down! LOL Naw, Barb would let me come and spend time with him and all her crew... I just think she would hover over me, cause she knows I love her dragons as much as mine LOL (where's the espresso machine, gotta take it with me LOL)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Okay got my issue with PB and my computer worked out... I think. :silent:

Here's a tease for now...sorry fb friends you have already seen this one. :)

DSC01342.jpg

Will be uploading pic's a bit later to post....for now it's beardie bath-time so my clean viv's stay clean.
Other than the tossed salad everywhere. :lol:

Dawn there are no leaves on the grape vines yet so you wouldn't make it far...I'd see you wherever you are unless you dress in something the color of dirt clods. :lol: I should probably warn you about my oldest son that lives in the studio out back...his nickname with his brothers' friends is "Chainsaw"... LMAO...does that tell you anything. He's better than a watch dog. :lol:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
ROFLMAO -- He's a pussycat, he wouldn't hurt a fly ... i think ... LOL ... but I can run pretty fast, missy (for an old fart)!!! :mrgreen:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hi everyone! :wave:

I received an email from one of our members requesting pic's an;or vid's of the boys eating. Rather than searching for all the pic's and vids I already posted I decided to try to attempt getting a new one.
I have to tell you it's not easy to get a video of them eating with only 2 hands.... :lol: ...kind of hard to man the camera. :lol:
Much easier to get still shots.
Okay here's a vid of them eating a couple of days ago. It's not very good because there are portions that are out of focus, but here it is anyway.

That was actually their 4th dropper of food that morning.

I will try and get some pic's of them eating up, to fill that request, but for now here are a few not eating pic's. :wink:

The boys have been shedding patches all over their body. I seen this when I turned on their lights the other morning and laughed! I have to wonder how did they manage to shed their tail and not get it all over the place like the other beardies do. Now if only they could be that neat with eating. :lol:
DSC01403.jpg

What? :lol:
DSC01405.jpg

DSC01458.jpg

Wheezie's good side. :lol:
DSC01465.jpg

Zak's good side. :lol:
DSC01464.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01463.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01459.jpg

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01450.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

Happy Springtime! :D

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
*giggles* I love how they shed really randomly - I was expecting both their faces to shed at the same time, but then again, it does make sense that they don't.
Wheezie's eye puffing clearly made Zak roll his... :D

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you silverado991!
They surely are amazing little miracles... :D

Morgan they are very hormonal little guys....I'm glad that they are cooperating with each other better as they get older. Though it could be because this is the time of year that they are both thinking and wanting the same thing. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom