You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

firember

... when mom buys a new set of plates and offers you the the old ones since "you are already using all the bowls for the lizards"

Artieboo

I have another one...

You get no sleep during the ice storm/power outage, not because you are freezing, but becuase you are worried about your boys in the other room and wondering if they are going to be warm enough...AND you get up early the next morning and get them ready to take them to your moms just to get a couple of hours of heat....

I had three huge tanks in my car going to my moms...What a DAY!!!! My mom was so happy though, cause I got to bring the 'grand children' down to see her house... :lol:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
...when then identity of the washclothes in your house changes to "beardie bathmats"... when your husband looks at you after you have taken your darling out of the bath and questions "poop soup"?... when tug-of-war with a green bean becomes the best excercise you've had all day.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
...when your son says " I hate butternut squash, why do we have to have that for dinner?" and your response is "because Rex wants some and you know she can't eat the whole thing by herself!!!"

laura1231

gulfbrzdawn":2b1af said:
...when your son says " I hate butternut squash, why do we have to have that for dinner?" and your response is "because Rex wants some and you know she can't eat the whole thing by herself!!!"

laura1231

gulfbrzdawn":e64f1 said:

Ok that was strange it only posted the quote and not what I wrote......any way...I can relate, Before I got Rexy I wouldn't make squash for the Holidays. This year I cooked up a bunch and the humans that like it were limited to how much they were aloud to have.

drayasdaddy

- You open the refrigerator and see a can of "Can-O-Crickets" beside the sallad dressing.
- You look at the shopping list on the refrigerator and at the bottom it has a secondary list entitiled "Lizard Food".

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
when you pick out your furniture based on will the beardies cage fit on it?. or will her nails get caught in the fabric?

xbryghtleax

when you pick out your furniture based on will the beardies cage fit on it?
LOL

And, yea, pretty much my whole house is organized around where vivs fit and best placements for them.
That's when I know I'm living with beardies.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
...When you have a separate mini fridge because nobody wants worms in the fridge!

True story actually. Well, not yet. My family doesn't like the meal worms in the fridge, even if they are enclosed, so I'm getting my own mini fridge for keeping in my bedroom (which is also Budo's bedroom).

neecie

Juvie Member
Aren't we crazy and lovin every minute??? I only had one wall in my living room available - so that's it. Actually is quite attractive and visitors enjoy the unique set=up. I'm putting a new food on the feeding section.

jdtaylor

You know you're living with a beardie when you are late to your own dinner because you are having so much fun feeding your beardie and watching him eat.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
jdtaylor":0dbfd said:
You know you're living with a beardie when you are late to your own dinner because you are having so much fun feeding your beardie and watching him eat.
Oh yes! I often find myself feeding Budo way too much. :oops: They are so funny when they eat!!

GuyFawkes

...when cats make up for teasing the dragon by chasing and catching loose crickets (more as a form of entertainment, they don't catch all of 'em).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom