You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
ARTIEBOO WROTE: I can so relate..I dont call them my Beardies when Im around ppl I know, I call them my boys and they know what im talking about. But every once in a while someone new is around and they say "ah you dont have 3 kids do you?" or something like that and I say yes I do they are beardies..they just look at me funny and then walk away about 2 minutes later, confused...lol. Also a lady I work with, she is older, and everyday she asks me how my boys are doing today..I LOVE it..lol..Artieboo
Newbie Poster

ARTIEBOO:
Isn't it great when you find someone who really cares about your babies, and they appear genuine, even if it's not their thing?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I can relate. Some years ago, when we still had Miss O and Miss Y (pic in my sig area) the regional manager of our store area took us and the other store out to dinner one evening. She wanted us to come up with something that people wouldn't know about us and see if someone could guess who wrote it. Well, in the second go around, the only thing I could think of was "my two little girls are lizards" Everyone there knew about them and knew who had said that, but the Regional Manager looked at me like "what?!?" When the others told her that we have two bearded dragons, she was "Oh," like she now understood.

Artieboo

beardie osk ,

Yeah at first the lady thought I was nuts but she heard how I talked about them and everything she understood a little, lol.. A lot of my coworkers ask how my Dinosaurs are, :lol: I just say "my DRAGONS are good" and start to laugh I know they all mean well. Oh my best friend think they are the grossest things ever (she has held them and everything and still dont like them) BUT she is making all 3 of them blankets and little beds for christmas presents, so I know deep down she has feelings for them, lol

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Artieboo":43412 said:
beardie osk ,

Yeah at first the lady thought I was nuts but she heard how I talked about them and everything she understood a little, lol.. A lot of my coworkers ask how my Dinosaurs are, :lol: I just say "my DRAGONS are good" and start to laugh I know they all mean well. Oh my best friend think they are the grossest things ever (she has held them and everything and still dont like them) BUT she is making all 3 of them blankets and little beds for christmas presents, so I know deep down she has feelings for them, lol

Yes, I know, This is what I get all the time.............. "You just don't look like the type to have these kind of animals" :?:What does that mean?????????????? or "You look like the type that would have something warm and cuddlee not cold and scaly" Is there a certain look that a person with dragons have? :?
Oh well, I quess I'll just keep them quessing. :wink:

Artieboo

beardie osk":8884f said:
Artieboo":8884f said:
beardie osk ,

Yes, I know, This is what I get all the time.............. "You just don't look like the type to have these kind of animals" :?:What does that mean?????????????? or "You look like the type that would have something warm and cuddlee not cold and scaly" Is there a certain look that a person with dragons have? :?
Oh well, I quess I'll just keep them quessing. :wink:

I never even thought about them until my boyfriend took me to the pet store and said " hey this is going to be our new pet" I wanted to be excited but I was scared, lol..then I held baby Artie that night and fell in LOVE with him... I have a cat but I rather snuggle with my boys, :lol: but shhh dont tell my cat that, :lol:

Oh and you know you are living with Beardies when you go shopping and everything you see you think "Oh I bet my boys will like that, they could play/hide/lay on that" I think about them constantly and always wants to spoil them.. :love5:

EclpsPrinc

Juvie Member
When very frequently you arrive to work and someone during the day points out that you have some white powder (calcium dust) somewhere on your clothing.

beardie osk":c6b43 said:
ARTIEBOO WROTE: I can so relate..I dont call them my Beardies when Im around ppl I know, I call them my boys and they know what im talking about. But every once in a while someone new is around and they say "ah you dont have 3 kids do you?" or something like that and I say yes I do they are beardies..they just look at me funny and then walk away about 2 minutes later, confused...lol. Also a lady I work with, she is older, and everyday she asks me how my boys are doing today..I LOVE it..lol..Artieboo
Newbie Poster

ARTIEBOO:
Isn't it great when you find someone who really cares about your babies, and they appear genuine, even if it's not their thing?

me too!!! people ask me if i have any kids and i say "yes, i have a daughter she just turned 4 years old" then when i wip out the pics in my wallet of her and show them off some people look at me like i need medication,and others laugh and say how pretty she is.. but either way im a proud dad :D :D :D

LunaFierce

Hatchling Member
moving to a new apartment / house the first thing you do is scope out where the perfect location is for the viv!

Eventide

Hatchling Member
rarebit_vision":742dc said:
me too!!! people ask me if i have any kids and i say "yes, i have a daughter she just turned 4 years old" then when i wip out the pics in my wallet of her and show them off some people look at me like i need medication,and others laugh and say how pretty she is.. but either way im a proud dad :D :D :D

Best reason to put photos in one's wallet ever. :D

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
You know you're living with beardies when you call your friends and say, "You have to come see my new baby!" and they know that you have not been hiding a pregnancy for 9 months, but gotten a new bearded dragon. :D

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
...Nefertiti, out of brumation and eating well, drops a massive, well-formed beardie poop. :laughing6: People who were visiting joke about taking pictures, to which I reply that there are threads and photos in the online forums about the joy a massive beardie poop can bring!!!!! They roll their eyes and shake their heads. Happy, happy, poop, poop!!!!! :laughhard:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
which I reply that there are threads and photos in the online forums about the joy a massive beardie poop can bring!!!!! They roll their eyes and shake their heads. Happy, happy, poop, poop!!!!!

Boy can I relate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Your glad your cell phone has a place for two pictures, because you can put a pic of both beardies on your phone.

You genunily mourn to loss of beardies you've never met but just read about.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
beardie parents":b407a said:
You genunily mourn to loss of beardies you've never met but just read about.
Oh yes, definitely one I can relate to.
I still tear up whenever I hear stories or see pics of Jasper (or even just thinking about him) . . . and I'd never met him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom