You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fresnowitte":addf5 said:
You know your living with beardies when.........

Your husband goes to turn the covers back on the bed and there is a morphing superworm. :laughhard:

How the heck it got there I have no idea. :laughing6:

No idea? Come on now, Barbara! :laughhard: I opened a box and found a half dozen silkworm cocoons last night. I don't know how that happened, either! :wink: Another way you can tell we live with beardies? We don't scream when we find bugs in the bed! Water off a duck's back. :laughing6:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
You know you're living with beardies when.......

Your 12 year old son is watching a kids program(Drake & Josh) on Nick.....and they are showing 4 beardies in a critter carrier on bark. And your child has to mention that it's wrong to have 4 together and on bark.

ronni1221

Juvie Member
You know you're living with beardies when.......

Your 12 year old son is watching a kids program(Drake & Josh) on Nick.....and they are showing 4 beardies in a critter carrier on bark. And your child has to mention that it's wrong to have 4 together and on bark.

That is hilarious! I do that too when I see animals on TV, like when one show used Madagascan Hissing Cockroaches for a scary scene. Those don't belong here!

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
...you have to change timers as well as clocks during daylight savings.
...you have poo in a ziploc bag (saved for a fecal).
...you shop for the perfect lounge chair for "basking".
...you keep a camera in your windowsill in case they do something cute.
...people at work call you the "reptile person".
...you keep a digital thermometer with probe next to your bathtub.
...guests go to use a towel and you stop them and say, "No that's not for humans."
...your husband comes home from work, looks at the couch and asks, "Is it safe to sit down?"

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Okay I've got a new one. :lol:

You know you're living with beardies when..............
You refer to a litter of kittens as a clutch of kittens. :help: :laughing6:

laura1231

CrimsonFairy":f04a1 said:
You have photos on your phone showing everyone, and they look at you like you're insane

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I think my human kids are a little jealous.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict

You work at a mexican pottery store and you're unloading a shipment of clay geckos, the owner picks one up that's missing the tip of its tail(it broke off)and he says "d@*# we can't sell this one it's tail is broke". I then reply "well that's what happens when you house them together". Yes, I got a very strange look back.

Tiantha

Hatchling Member
You know your living with beardies when...

...you sit at your comp for about an hour reading this thread, with a sleeping beardie on your chest, you are typing one handed, so not to disturb the critter and your butt and foot is asleep from not moving either of them so the sleeping continues.

...you go to Lowes to by light ceramic tiles so the beardies cage has a floor to match the living room.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
gulfbrzdawn":2a420 said:

You work at a mexican pottery store and you're unloading a shipment of clay geckos, the owner picks one up that's missing the tip of its tail(it broke off)and he says "d@*# we can't sell this one it's tail is broke". I then reply "well that's what happens when you house them together". Yes, I got a very strange look back.
:laughing6: That's the best one I'd heard yet.

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
. . . . . the first thing you do in the morning is make breakfast for the beardies before yourself.

. . . . . when you wake up at 9am with a sick hang over after partying till 4am to feed the beardies at their usual time, so as not to get the beardie death glare. . .

one day i was sleeping and he started to bang his head against the glass to wake me up. . . it was quite entertaining.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
You know you're living with beardies when... a huge poo in the middle of the room is something to celebrate! The cat only wishes he could get away with that. :lol:

And you know you're living with reptiles when... your friend starts bragging about his new 20" monitor, and you think to yourself "That's not that big".

Eventide

Hatchling Member
...when you don't even hear the crickets in their container anymore, but as soon as one starts chirping somewhere else, you go bananas (well, I do, at least).

...when you have friends over and they ask you to move the crickets...and you're like, "Oh, are they bothering you...?"

...when you have to turn the thermostat down to a lower temperature before you have company over so you don't bake them. ("What? Is it hot in here?")

Artieboo

beardie osk":9fb22 said:
You know your living with beardies when...............

Your talking about your boys lovingly, not realizing that everyone thinks your talking about humans, and when they find out it's dragons...... they want to :puke:

Their faces are priceless too! :shock:

Can anyone relate?

I can so relate..I dont call them my Beardies when Im around ppl I know, I call them my boys and they know what im talking about. But every once in a while someone new is around and they say "ah you dont have 3 kids do you?" or something like that and I say yes I do they are beardies..they just look at me funny and then walk away about 2 minutes later, confused...lol. Also a lady I work with, she is older, and everyday she asks me how my boys are doing today..I LOVE it..lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom