You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
jacqui778":39c17 said:
You know you're living with beardies when you're stomach's grumbling, and your family is at the table eating dinner, but where are you? Dicing up apples for homemade applesauce, not for you, but for your pooing-rebel beardie, of course! :roll: Dinner can wait when your dragon's poo schedule has been tampered with.

Jacqui
:laughhard: Good luck! Which one is it?

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
jacqui778":b0017 said:
You know you're living with beardies when you're stomach's grumbling, and your family is at the table eating dinner, but where are you? Dicing up apples for homemade applesauce, not for you, but for your pooing-rebel beardie, of course! :roll: Dinner can wait when your dragon's poo schedule has been tampered with.

Jacqui

:laughhard:

I hear ya, Jacqui! Cloudy's poop schedule has been all over the place lately and it's driving me crazy! :shock: Poo rebel beardies and their wicked, wicked ways... anymore, I never know when it's gonna blow, or where it's gonna go. :roll:

Em

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
herpfreak":be61c said:
jacqui778":be61c said:

Jacqui
:laughhard: Good luck! Which one is it?

Gem, of course. The applesauce actually turned out pretty good for my first time, although the apples I used didn't have the taste that is right for applesauce. Gem liked it, anyway, though she'll tell you differently.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
.... When your driving home from work and a large cow (larger than the vehicle you're driving) is standing in the middle of the road, right where you are driving (dark night couldn't see much) and you hit it, your first thought is you are glad your girls aren't with you, they would have gotten hurt, or worse.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Embee":2ab06 said:
jacqui778":2ab06 said:

Jacqui

:laughhard:

I hear ya, Jacqui! Cloudy's poop schedule has been all over the place lately and it's driving me crazy! :shock: Poo rebel beardies and their wicked, wicked ways... anymore, I never know when it's gonna blow, or where it's gonna go. :roll:

Em

Haha, least I know now that im not alone... its been a month now since our 'poo-rebel' went on a poo strike!!! :(

you know you're living with beardies when you spend half your day pleading with him to 'do a nice big poop for mummy' and talking about this lack of poop with anyone who will listen....

peera

Sub-Adult Member
...When you're standing in the baby food aisle looking for food for your skin child, and realize they have pumpkin-apple baby food and think how awesome that would be for helping your dragon poop!

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
peera":0b10b said:
...When you're standing in the baby food aisle looking for food for your skin child, and realize they have pumpkin-apple baby food and think how awesome that would be for helping your dragon poop!

Or, in my case, you're standing in the babyfood aisle comparing prices and wondering if your dragon's going to like this, or this? And a woman is kinda staring at you (you're 13 and buying babyfood?) and so you turn to her and say, "Oh, it's for my lizard." Then you get and even stranger look!

Jacqui

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Haha, my other favorite is when I check out and they ask you how turnip greens taste. "I don't know, I don't eat them! My lizards seem to like them though!" Last time I ended up fielding questions from the cashier & the woman behind me for like 10 minutes.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member

You get a new phone that has internet capabilities and the first thing you do is bookmark BD.ORG.

HA! Take that stooooopid work computer! Now I will be able to see pictures :mrgreen:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
When you frequently buy small numbers of fresh veg from the market, and after weeks of buying only 4 sprouts/beans/blueberries at a time the man chuckles and flirtingly says "no wonder your so slim. you barely eat anything", to which you reply "dont worry, I eat like a horse. the veg is for my lizards" and watch as the 'come-get-me' smug look on his face turns to horror.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Ethelia":07f7d said:
When you frequently buy small numbers of fresh veg from the market, and after weeks of buying only 4 sprouts/beans/blueberries at a time the man chuckles and flirtingly says "no wonder your so slim. you barely eat anything", to which you reply "dont worry, I eat like a horse. the veg is for my lizards" and watch as the 'come-get-me' smug look on his face turns to horror.
  • :laughhard: (I love it!!!)

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
You know you're living with beardies when.... quality time with your husband involves preparing beardie greens and the romantic talk consists of "Would you like me to get the worms ready for tomorrow?" .."Oh, no that's OK, I'll do it" :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom