You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

need2nogurl

Hatchling Member
beardiegirlie":be5c7 said:
The electric company comes by to make sure you are not growing anything illegal because there has been such a spike in the usage and they cant believe its all for dragons until they see it with there own eyes.....

So is this something that happens to everyone as far as your electric bill going up dramatically? If so my parents are going to kill me when I do get my beardie :-( How much on average did your bill go up from before????

dragons1222

Juvie Member
i dont pay teh bills so i am not sure if it raises it but i dont think it does not by much anyway b/c otherwise my parents would kill me too

i have ALOT of things plugged in my room every outlet is full and i even have 3 of those things with the extra plugs(cant remember what they are called) and those have about 6 plugs each lol

my parents havnt complained yet so i dont think it goes up too much

need2nogurl

Hatchling Member
Okay good, yeah I already have one power strip in my room that is full too, so I gotta put the tank on the other side of the room so I don't blow a fuse, hehe.

dragons1222

Juvie Member
power strip i forgot what they were called lol

i haved not blown a fuse yet and min are allfew oops lol

oh well i will worry about that if it happens lol

i have maybe 17-20 things all together plugged in my room and have never had a problem lolo

goodluck

PuffPuff11

Hatchling Member
I know I keep my electric bill pretty low because we keep the thermostat set like at 77 and we have all energy saver light bulbs even in Puff's tank. We have a 70 watt energy saver halogen flood light for his basking spot. The only bulb in the house that is not an energy saver is Puff's MVB, but I cant imagine the electricity use to be outrageous with just one bulb not being energy saver. Also his cage is so bright we have stopped needing to turn the lights on in the living room!!!
Our last bill was a little higher but that is becuause the price per kilowatt hour went up and it was JULY with temps at 105 for like 3 weeks!!!

need2nogurl

Hatchling Member
MrT":82661 said:
not bottered about lecy bill my beardies come first then rest of pets and then me

Yeah the money isn't really the issue, I love all of my animals and they come first. Only problem is that I live with my parents and they might freak if the bill goes up a lot, but I guess if I offer to give them more money for rent they might be okay...

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
need2nogurl":2c09e said:
MrT":2c09e said:
not bottered about lecy bill my beardies come first then rest of pets and then me

Yeah the money isn't really the issue, I love all of my animals and they come first. Only problem is that I live with my parents and they might freak if the bill goes up a lot, but I guess if I offer to give them more money for rent they might be okay...

I have two viv's, therefore I have double the lights etc, so I did a review of my electric bills and found that my electric bill went up 25.00/month, I don't feel that's too bad considering all the pleasure I get from my boys. If your parents have not said anything, I don't think I'd worry. Of course, if your brave, you may ask them, but some folks would say to you, "let sleepy dogs lie", right? And besides, they may feel as I do, in that, your beardie gives you great pleasure and that's worth it all to them.
Best wishes

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Yoiu know your living with beardies when its saturday afternoon 80 degrees out & your sittinng at the playground w/ your bestfriend & a bottle of wine&
a couple lawn chairs waiting for your beardie to finish digging ALREADY & lay her eggs! :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
. . . you'd drop whatever you're doing and run into the kitchen to fix your beardie's breakfast because he black bearded you for not already having it in the tank.

Ifrit79

Sub-Adult Member
When you're mom takes out the blanket and then your beardie runs and jumps out onto the blanket, just because she's that attached to the blankie. :lol:

The electirc bill shouldn't really go up but maybe a few dollars if that for one its more of a joke and for the peopel that have several and babies when the breed and stuff like that. Dont worry to much. I live with my hubby and kids so I wont get in trouble but I undertsand you might worry try not to. Besides if they let you have one how mad can they be. We all have pets I am huge into animals and into teaching my kids and nieces and nephews about animals. I love them so and do not care if my bills go up a bit for what I get its a small price to pay..

You know your living with beardies when the bugs in your house is a good thing...
When you see the extremenator next door and tell him not to get to close to your house for fear of contamation...
When you give your beardie a strick bed time and not your kids.....

need2nogurl

Hatchling Member
Yeah when I told my parents I was going to bring a beardie home they said absolutely not.... but I told them that I pay rent and that I was bringing one home anyways. Yeah now the story is if I do bring one home my parents will have nothing to do with it, but I have a feeling they will warm up to my beardie when I actually do bring one home :)

So since my parents are already not keen on the idea of me getting a beardie I don't want them getting angry because the bills are going up :-( , but it doesn't seem like it should be that much from the replies I've been getting on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom