You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
...When you play the "Questions Game" with some kids during dinner, and they get a bit irked when you start asking reptile questions, a bit more irked when you start asking reptile genetics questions, and quit once you start with Latin terms.

"What's the difference between Pogona vitticeps and Pogona barbata?"

P. breitensteini (Borneo short tailed python) and brongersmai (blood python) are great to use during a trivia game! :D

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko

You have more bookmarks in you web browser for beardies then anything else!!

You spend more time on the computer trying to learn new things about beardies then you spend with your own family!! :D

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
herpfreak":3407e said:
...When you play the "Questions Game" with some kids during dinner, and they get a bit irked when you start asking reptile questions, a bit more irked when you start asking reptile genetics questions, and quit once you start with Latin terms.

"What's the difference between Pogona vitticeps and Pogona barbata?"

P. breitensteini (Borneo short tailed python) and brongersmai (blood python) are great to use during a trivia game! :D

:laughhard:
Oh, wow!

Jacqui

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
....when you and your beardie decide to go outside and do a little basking in the Florida sunshine After 10 minutes you look at one another and you see this After 15 minutes you realize you are both gaping something terrible so back in the house you go for some much needed thermoregulating in the A/C!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
gulfbrzdawn":43276 said:
....when you and your beardie decide to go outside and do a little basking in the Florida sunshine After 10 minutes you look at one another and you see this After 15 minutes you realize you are both gaping something terrible so back in the house you go for some much needed thermoregulating in the A/C!
Dawn, I can always count on you to make me laugh :D
I, too, had roasted under the scorching sun just so my babies (Pookie and Buddy) could have some natural sun. That first night I began feeling ill, possibly from either dehydration or heat stroke -- but my babies were all nicely baked :mrgreen:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Goonie":03d99 said:
my babies were all nicely baked :mrgreen:
I should hope not! :lol:

....when you are so touched that your grumpy boy beardie has shuffled towards you and rested his paw and head on your arm that you dont want to move him when he starts climbing up your arm and is close to drawing blood.
I now look like Ive been self harming :shock:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Ethelia":c4631 said:
I now look like Ive been self harming :shock:

Ugh, I know that feeling. Even if I'd file Reggie's claws to round points, he would FIND A WAY to leave his marks. And our cat, Louis, also made me look like a cutter before we got his claws removed. :X

I actually got called to the school office once because someone reported to the counsellor that my arms were all cut up. :oops: :lol: Imagine that conversation. "Jacqui, have you been cutting yourself?" "No, ma'am, I have a dragon."

It took a lot of talking to get myself out of that one, and even then I was on "probation" for the next 2 weeks. :roll: REGGIE!!! My mom thought it was hilarious, knowing all the while that it was Reggie, of course. Gah, I had to file his nails. He wasn't impressed.

Jacqui

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
When you are a self-injurer and make sure to leave certain areas clear so you can comfortably hold your beardies.

Rukii

Juvie Member
-When your room smells like cilantro
-When you cancel an out of state holiday outing with your family just to stay home and take care of the babies.
-When your local grocer asks how your lizards are doing.
-When your friends/family always ask to bring them to your room to see the dragons.
-When you buy the best greens, fruits, and veggies for your beardies and other creatures, but you settle on a cheap burger for yourself
-When your non-lizard friends don't want to sit next to you in fear of "that creepy little thing" crawling onto them.
-When you leave the tv/radio on for them so they don't feel so alone when you go to work/run errands
-When you're scared to look at your beardies when you feed them a shanty little salad or not enough crickets, in fear that theyre all black-bearded and evil-eyed.
-When their little antics make you laugh more than your friends do
-When people look at you like you have 3 heads when you walk around with your beardie on your shoulder, and you take it as a compliment, and giggle at the faces they make when you ask if they would like to pet them.

Agrannus

LOL, wow you know you live with beardies when your alarm is set by the time the timers go off on your vivs and you devote an extra 40 minutes getting them fed and vivs clean before you ever start on your self. It is better then an alarm clock because they dont have a snooze button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom