You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

zizzee

Hatchling Member
jacqui778":12088 said:
I also have this really weird habit of saying "Nom nom nom" whenever they start eating. MoMo has started looking up at me with this "WTF is wrong with you?" look. :lol: :oops: Even the beardies think I'm nuts!

I'm guilty of this as well :oops:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
haleygirl272":ead97 said:
punkrockprincess":ead97 said:
zizzee":ead97 said:
jacqui778":ead97 said:
I also have this really weird habit of saying "Nom nom nom" whenever they start eating. MoMo has started looking up at me with this "WTF is wrong with you?" look. :lol: :oops: Even the beardies think I'm nuts!

I'm guilty of this as well :oops:

Me too. :oops: :oops:

3.... :?

:laughhard: :laughhard:
At least I'm not the only one!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
No comment from the crazy bearded dragon lady. :lol: (So Guilty!)

YKYLWBW....nearly your entire tax return goes to new lighting.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
I Was reading up about a beardie looking up and looking at you funny. I will somerimes go in my lizard room and look at one of my beardies and just burst into laughter. I will look back and forth at both my beardies and just laugh histarically. They will at the same time be looking up and it seems they are saying "what is wrong with you" So I will leave come back and later start laughing again and they are like "ohh no not again"

BeardyDragon

Juvie Member
YKYLWBW... you scare your sister-in-law by dementing he kid with your dragons a.k.a. my niece... dragon was one of her first words... :D :D :D my mom is resposible, not meeee...she can only say it "daggin"... but it is SO cute when she does...

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
BeardyDragon":b57e1 said:
YKYLWBW... you scare your sister-in-law by dementing he kid with your dragons a.k.a. my niece... dragon was one of her first words... :D :D :D my mom is resposible, not meeee...she can only say it "daggin"... but it is SO cute when she does...
That's not "dementing" -- that's early training for a new slave :laughing6:
How adorable that her first words were beardie related! :p

punkrockprincess

Hatchling Member
You know you're living with beardies when.....you find $20 in your pockets while doing laundry..instead of thinking "what can this buy me?" your mind bypasses and jumps to "what should I use this for to buy for the beardies?".

You know you're living with beardies when...you have to eat insta food for the next while because your beardies are both going through a growth spurt at the same time.

You know you're living with beardies when...you invite your mother over to see your new apartment. You sit her down and say "Mom...I have something very important to tell you, something I've been hiding from you since I moved out...congrats you're a grandma!" you then run upstairs and return with your two beardies and gush, "motherhood is so rewarding"

Lianne

punkrockprincess":0e452 said:
You know you're living with beardies when...you invite your mother over to see your new apartment. You sit her down and say "Mom...I have something very important to tell you, something I've been hiding from you since I moved out...congrats you're a grandma!" you then run upstairs and return with your two beardies and gush, "motherhood is so rewarding"

Or... you have your parents over to see the new place, first they both have to hold both beardies to demonstrate how much they've grown since they last saw them (Albi manically head bobbing at each of them in turn - they might be his grandparents, but he is still very much the boss), and then you tell them very excitedly the attempt at mealworm breeding has been a success and show them each stage of the mealworm/beetle lifecyle, finishing with the teeny tiny baby mealworms and your mum looks at you like 'what happened to my daughter....'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom