You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Saccharidicule

Hatchling Member
YKYLWBW your diabetic mother has to show you how to hold a syringe properly so that you can give your beardie a shot. :oops: I don't like needles; but if it's for my baby I'll LEARN to like 'em.

MissT

BD.org Addict
When you will happily cancel plans because Kazi does not want a syringe full of water, he wants a bath and he wants it right now!!

punkrockprincess

Hatchling Member
Sp1ke":6baa6 said:
You know your living with beardies when you WANT roaches in your house.
My face fell when I was told they were illegal in have. I was like "but it's friggin' ALBERTA we go to the -20 C mark 1/2 of the year a roach would die if it exscaped!" :banghead: I want roaches!!!

punkrockprincess":007e9 said:
Sp1ke":007e9 said:
You know your living with beardies when you WANT roaches in your house.
My face fell when I was told they were illegal in have. I was like "but it's friggin' ALBERTA we go to the -20 C mark 1/2 of the year a roach would die if it exscaped!" :banghead: I want roaches!!!
You might want to take a look at this thread on the Manitoba Herp forums. It's an interesting read :)

http://www.manitobaherp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11126&page=1&pp=20

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
.... you have to write sentences with your vocabulary words, and most of them have to do with dragons.

For example, three entries from my homework for tomorrow:

Lesion- verb - a wound or injury, especially from disease
The dragon's lesions were caused by mouth rot.

Lethargy- noun - laziness, tiredness, languor
Likewise, the dragon's lethargy was caused by brumation.

Lexicon- noun - a dictionary; vocabulary terms
We referred to a lexicon for the correct spelling of 'brumation'.

:lol: My teacher probably thinks I'm nuts. Which, of course, I am.... but I digress....

Jacqui

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Lol this was like a month ago. I may have overdramatized that a bit. I slid off the road and screwed up the alignment and two of my tires. I was fine, shaken of course (doesn't take much!). I had considered stayin overnight in someone's dorm, but figured I should get home to Lil!

Lianne

zizzee":4a37e said:
... you postpone dinner to feed the beardie.

or you get up bright and early so you can chop up veggies into nice bite-size pieces for the beardies, and you finally get breakfast 3 hours later at your desk at work

zizzee

Hatchling Member
Lianne":3ddb7 said:
zizzee":3ddb7 said:
... you postpone dinner to feed the beardie.

or you get up bright and early so you can chop up veggies into nice bite-size pieces for the beardies, and you finally get breakfast 3 hours later at your desk at work

Or you don't get breakfast until your break at 5:30pm :( Haha! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom