You KNOW you're a beardeddragon.org member when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like "You know your living with beardies..." there comes a point when you realize just how dedicated you are, first to your beardie compatriot, but also to this site. And it starts with the health and welfare of your own little beardie, :love10: but over time relationships develop, you exchange information, :study: stories, :twisted: :lurk: :lol: :laughhard: photos, :D 8) :bleick: :laughing6: care :book: :wink: :idea: and love :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: for the beardies with people from all over the world. You find your heart stops when you hear a dear beardie is ill, one you've never met personally, and you realize you feel this way about various beardies and their families all over the world! So, for Campbell Jane, Zak-n-Wheezie, Tatsu, LG, Fib and the rest of my own sweet babies, and SOOOOOO many others, you know you're a member of BeardedDragon.org when you find that you're carrying thousands of beardies (and Beardie and all the rest of these devoted slaves! :laughing6: ) in your heart!
:love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

Thanks, Beardie!

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
You've shared so much of what goes on here that (after asking about the family of course) hubby asks:so what's going on on the website? and you proceed with happy,or sad or frustrating(someone mistreating a beardie or one is sick or passed on) stories you read.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
...When you meet a beardie owner who is not a member of BD.org, your initial reaction is: :shock: then you say: "JOIN!"

...When your standards for reptile welfare are extremely high, simply because you spend so much time with the most dedicated owners (a.k.a. you guys!)

...When you mention something about the dubias, and your friends go :?: :?: , and you realize they are not BD.org members, meaning they don't speak Beardie.

I love this forum because everybody on here is like-minded. We all love beardies. We all get excited about poo. I can't say that about anyone else in my life.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
... The computer goes off line, :angry5: and it takes for 13 days getting the system back together, :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: and the first emails you look for are the bd. messages. After two hours back with the email, I am still about a tenth of the way through the bd.org messages, but boy, is it good to be back! :blob5: :laughing6: :love5: :blob8: :blob5: :lurk: :wave: :notworthy: :blob5: :book: :blob8: :headbang: :dontknow: :puke: :oops: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :study: :mrgreen: :lol: :whip: :wink: :laughhard: :D
herpfreak":7a98f said:
...When you meet a beardie owner who is not a member of BD.org, your initial reaction is: :shock: then you say: "JOIN!"

...When your standards for reptile welfare are extremely high, simply because you spend so much time with the most dedicated owners (a.k.a. you guys!)

...When you mention something about the dubias, and your friends go :?: :?: , and you realize they are not BD.org members, meaning they don't speak Beardie.

I love this forum because everybody on here is like-minded. We all love beardies. We all get excited about poo. I can't say that about anyone else in my life.
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: I sure missed this site, the people, the beardies, the stories, the poo! :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:
:love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
....when you are in a car parts store with your "children" and a worker mention maybe buying her son a beardie and you tell her a little about what she'll need for them and refer them to bd.org.

Menolly

Juvie Member
herpfreak":39022 said:

...Story of my life...especially when you get excited because you realize you had enough money to be able to spare for hornworms for the first time. And I get the :shock: ...You are excited about worms...in the mail... :shock: ...So...the weather...yes...it's sunny...

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Menolly":0a559 said:
herpfreak":0a559 said:

...Story of my life...especially when you get excited because you realize you had enough money to be able to spare for hornworms for the first time. And I get the :shock: ...You are excited about worms...in the mail... :shock: ...So...the weather...yes...it's sunny...
Yep, I get that look every time I mention the bugs. Everybody that knows me tries very hard to stay away from talking about the reptiles. Once I get going, they're in for a long rant.

We are really weird, you know? We get excited about poo and bugs.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Menolly":70c2b said:
herpfreak":70c2b said:

He he. I brought a bag of worms to work once because I didn't have time to go home after going to the store. Did I get some weird looks that day! No one understood how happy I was to have a bag of hornworms in my locker!

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
Jasper's Mom":b052c said:
He he. I brought a bag of worms to work once because I didn't have time to go home after going to the store. Did I get some weird looks that day! No one understood how happy I was to have a bag of hornworms in my locker!

Haha!! me too. Skyler is at my moms house and Stompy is at my boyfriends house so I wake up saturday mornings and put some crickets in a container for Stompy, go to work (i work at a library) and then head to my boyfriends house to feed Stompy! Everyone asks

"whats in that bag you are hiding under the desk??"
"crickets for stompy!!"
" :shock: :shock: :puke: "

... when your teachers desk is littered with jars of waxworms and when asked you mutter about needing some Barry White music so they can "get it on". And more loudly "so I can feed their babies to my dragon". Student reaction timeline: :? :shock: :silent: :lol:
And no I do not teach biology (though I did give one to the biology teacher to keep in her room) :mrgreen:

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
...you have a crisis with your beardies, and with various people who offer help, it is the bd.org friends you've never actually met in person before who really come through!!!!! :love5: :love5: :love5: :laughing6: :love5: :love5: :love5: :headbang: :love5: :love5: :love5: :notworthy: :love5: :love5: :love5: :wave: :love5: :love5: :love5: :wink: :love5: :love5: :love5: 8) :love5: :love5: :love5:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
.....when your son says to his father "Dad, have you seen Mom....I was wondering when we're gonna eat dinner...I'm starving?" Dad replies "Get on your computer, type in http://www.beardeddragon.org and send your mother a pm, hopefully you'll get a response!" :roll: :lol:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
gulfbrzdawn":90ba7 said:
.....when your son says to his father "Dad, have you seen Mom....I was wondering when we're gonna eat dinner...I'm starving?" Dad replies "Get on your computer, type in http://www.beardeddragon.org and send your mother a pm, hopefully you'll get a response!" :roll: :lol:

Oh, that is just sad! :laughhard: Step away from the computer, Dawn!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
gulfbrzdawn":4f5cc said:

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: I read that and almost spit out my coffee!

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
When you see the silkworms (which our Twitch has not tried yet but are highly recommended by many here) that your 2nd grade son's classroom is raising and ask the teacher if you can take them home to feed to Twitch when she's done with the science project without thinking of the 10 pairs of listening ears standing around you and almost get attacked for wanting to sacrifice the classroom pets!!! :whip:

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":ee593 said:
:laughhard: Dawn, I can always count on you to keep me laughing!!!! Thank you!!!!! :laughhard: :love5: :laughhard: :love5: :laughhard:
Freeie":ee593 said:
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: I read that and almost spit out my coffee!

I'm glad I'd just finished swallowing my coffee, too!!!!! I'm on a friend's computer, and explaining all the coffee in the keyboard... :laughhard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom