Yellow shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apolla

Boga's been in shed this past week, so I've been monitoring her for shedding issues (and also because I find it fascinating). Yesterday everything was normal, I figured her belly would be shedding fairly soon as the color was about right. This morning I picked her up to check and there was a patch on her belly that was yellowish.

I looked at pictures of yellow fungus and it didn't match.

Then after chasing some crickets, that patch came off and it was stinky. The shed was yellow but the underlying skin was normal and clear.

Her husbandry is the same as it's been, the humidity might be a little high since her dehumidifier is recharging. The only other change to the tank is that I made her a little shelf out of wood. Would the wood stain her skin?

Here are some pictures:
100177-2395395823.jpg
100177-8629254996.jpg

Any idea what this is??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It looks normal to me. The wood could only stain if it itself was stained . Did you stain the shelf ?

Apolla

Original Poster
AHBD":u3v5whv0 said:
It looks normal to me. The wood could only stain if it itself was stained . Did you stain the shelf ?

No. I didn't know if that would be safe.

The fact that it smelled concerned me the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom