Yellow Fungus? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0olmini

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding my beardie. She is the first one I've ever owned. She is about 6 months old and was sold to me as a regular leatherback.
102439-1554955044.jpg

When she was young she not colorful at all. As she started growing older I've noticed that she started taking on yellows and orange. I have a feeling she was considered undesirable because she did not express the target traits from the breeder I purchased her from. About a week ago I noticed a small patch of scales under her left leg.
102439-2178527816.jpg

This part is slightly rougher than the rest of her scales but is not flaking. I also noticed she started getting some yellow coloration on her beard (unfortunately the picture does not show it too well). Trying my best to describe it, light yellow in certain scales, much easier to see when a light is shown.
102439-268279361.jpg

So far her behavior has been normal, she is eating and pooping every 2 days. I have had trouble getting her to eat veggies consistently but she is a very good eating (for at least bugs). Am I just overreacting? I've heard that their colors will constantly change as they age, and I've also heard that uneven sheds might be the cause for the patch under her leg. Please please if someone can help me identify this. If this is yellow fungus I would like to treat it as soon as possible.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, she's a healthy looking girl from what I can see, try to get a picture with light shining under the leg, it's hard to see the spot you're concerned with, same with the beard. I'm pretty sure there's no problem though. Some dragons have natural yellow/orange in the beard, here's one of mine :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30042/full

And your dragon is not a leatherback. One of it's parents may have been a L.B., but they will have normal scaled babies and some L.B.'s in every clutch. Yours is a normal, here's one of my L.B's so you can see how smooth they are :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29894/full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bw341606
Top Bottom