year old Beardie not eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denisehill262

Hope someone can help. We have a year old Beardie who is going in eating spurts. The past 2 night she has not eaten her Super warms, she loves her super warms. She will not eat her crickets at all. We give her salad every day and hasn't been interested in that either. She like to stay in her hide and she comes out some times to bask in her hot spot. temps are around 112 in her hotspot and 80 around her cage.. She has a pretty big cage lots of room to go were she is comfortable. Her nose right now is white looks like she is getting ready to shed. I soaked her last night to so she could poop. she has been backed up this week. any advice would be wonderful.

Thank You

MsCarter

Juvie Member
They usually will not starve themselves so if she is refusing food she is not hungry. You said she hasn't pooed in a while? There could definitely be some impaction going on. How many super worms do you feed her and how often? Too many can sometimes cause impaction and if she isn't basking on top of this that raises the likelihood. Beardies use heat to properly digest their food.
A basking temp of 112 for an adult is a little high. This temp is more intended for babies. With her hiding more it sounds as if she may be trying to tell you "I'm too hot." For her I would bring the basking temp down to 95-105 and see if that gets her out of her hide and basking like she should again. In the mean time continue with the baths and mists to keep her hydrated and help her poo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom