Worried About Rescue Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
You were all so helpful with answering my questions and giving me tips when I brought home my first beardie so thank you all for that! :)
Today I spotted an ad for a bearded dragon being kept in an inadequate, dirty cage without proper lighting who was only being fed crickets. I quickly messaged the seller and went to pick up the dragon, who was in far worse shape than I thought and was very cold to the touch. The seller stated he was around 4-5 months old but is only the size of a 2 month old. He hardly reacts to me touching him, and doesn’t try to run away when I hold him (he seems to have more mobility in his front legs, suggesting MBD?). I set him up in a 20 gallon tub with heat, UVB, and places to hide and climb, but he barely moves around, is very lethargic, and seems to have trouble staying awake. I did get him to drink a little bit when I gave him a bath but that’s about it. He had no interest in the mustard greens or BSL/crickets I offered him. Any suggestions on how to help him? I will add photos in another post. Thank you!!

EDIT: I was just checking him over again and I discovered a lump on his tail and it appears it is bent downwards. He also is barely able to lift his head

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did you change out the UVB for a long tube fixture?
Basking temps are 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer? He will go thru relocation stress so thats going to effect his eating?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom