Worms???

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many hornworms, silkworms, Phoenix worms, wax worms, super worms, and meal worms should Manson 1 1/2 yrs old be eating?
62855f05.jpg

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
At 1.5 years of age your dragon is considered and adult and no longer needs the high amounts of protein. Feeding feeders once every other day to every third day will be sufficient. Typically no more then ~25 feeders in a day depending on the feeder. I would suggest avoiding mealworms as they are not very nutritious also wax worms and superworms are high in fat and in my minds eye they should be fed as treats if fed at all. Butterworms, hornworms and silkworms are great feeders and can be large enough to appease an adult dragons appetite. Feeder roaches such as dubia are also a great feeder for adult and juvenile dragons alike. Salad and green items are first and foremost to an adult dragon, ensuring proper variety, amount daily will help your dragon greatly.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
I agree with beardednoob on the feeding advice...I actually came on here to say that is a fantastic dragon you have. I love his pattern!

Pixielionx

Original Poster
Thank you for the advice, but it is hard to get him to eat his veges, he does not like them. There is this purple lettuce that comes in a bag of mixed greens it's very soft and he loves it but I don't know the name of it, I guess I am going to have to do tough love then.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Adults can have 50 small feeders (like crickets) or 35 large feeders (like superworms) a wk. He sure is a handsome guy.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I personally wouldn't feed feeders as they are higher in fat. I would stick to a lower fat feeder.

This should say ... I personally wouldn't feed 'superworms' as they are higher in fat. I would stick to a lower fat feeder.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, ok. It's actually a good idea to use at least 2 feeders to give them a variety and that way you can balance out his protein better. Wax worms are really high in fat.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
claudiusx":3fqkvgr4 said:
Beardednoob":3fqkvgr4 said:
Sorry I meant superworms, typing thinking faster then im typing

Ohhh you are good! :lol:

-Brandon

LOL see what I mean, I think I am ready for another break from this site... but that is neither here or there. I hope everything works out for the OP.

Pixielionx

Original Poster
Ok so hornworms are ok? They are so big I just don't know how many he should eat? He does not like crickets

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes hornworms are ok.

Just like with any insect, you want to feed the appropriate size of them for your dragon.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yricia
Top Bottom