Will the Empty Feeling ever go away!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erica582

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone,

I got my beardie in November and I just absolutely adore her. Ive always wanted a pet and Im allergic to nearly everything so she really filled that void - for a while. I've been wanting to get a baby for months but I financially simply can't afford it. So I tried to fill that empty feeling with a leopard gecko but she just won't cut it! She doesn't like to snuggle. I want two beardies! Has anyone ever had this problem? All I do is look for babies and good deals on beardies and so on. It's ridiculous I feel obsessed. I'm even doing a bearded dragon sitting service but it's not helping. Any ideas?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Buy another one!! That is the only way to get over the empty feeling!! I have 4 adults 40 babies and like 120 more to go! :D Tom has some really nice ones as well and at a really good price!! :D Good luck!!!!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Once you get one you want another. I love everyone of mine 5 atm fostering 2 adults for someone added onto my 5. Dont end up like me with a housefull and then wonder where your day has went they take alot of time and love. The more you get the less time you can spend with the 1 you already have. Baths, food, viv cleanings, out of viv time is doubled. I think two is a good number tho. My daugher got her one and i wanted my own we got 2 babys at one time. Then we rescued Zero from a pet store in very bad condition. Then I seen my dream beardie for sale on here and i just couldnt say no i just HAD to have him. Zero passed away 3 months after we got her and my daughter was so upset her sister brough home Bobble. Its alot of work. I understand seeing the babys and just having that deep urge to get one or two more what can it hurt! I now have to say no to myself :( Other wize we would have 3 or 4 more.

I love our babys dont get me wrong i love the work and the company!

If you think about getting another try raising some feeders so you dont have the cost of buying feeders :D

nrich

I didn't reallly plan on getting a second beardy, but Chance needed a rescue. She really is a total sweetheart, but I never would have gotten her if her situation hadn't been so desperate. If you are really dying to get another one, keep scanning the Craislist page. This is baby season and teens are getting ready to head to college and can't take their herps with them, so there should be some really good deals out there.

Erica582

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aw I'm jealous of you who have multiples! I am a 3rd year university student and I only work 4 months of the year, and they eat so much I just couldnt feed a second!! I live in an expensive city and I think everything here is just ridiculous, for me to even do that set up for a second I think it would cost me $400 and then they eat like mad until they are grown and then eat slightly less. It's heart breaking :( so I jsut have to wait a couple more years until Im done school?!

Plus, shipping babies into canada is so expensive! I've always wanted a rescue but I couldnt afford the vet bills. Where do you keep 5+ beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom