why is she sleepy......help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Just wait it out. One day she'll start eating greens and you'll be ecstatic and have to go buy every sort of beardie-edible green in the store! :D - or maybe that's just me.

The repti-glo 8.0 is just fine. Upgrade at 6 months when you need to.

The cage size is just fine if she's comfortable hunting in it. Often times larger cages are difficult for young beardies to catch prey, which is why we recommend smaller cages. If your temps are good- which it sounds like they are- and there are not eating issues and/or you are feeding out of tank- the cage size is fine. They are born in Australia- it's bigger than a 5x2.

After the reptiglo 8.0 expires, you might consider upgrading to a Megaray. Bob will ship them over from here and your cage size makes it a great option. It's a mercury vapor bulb and they put out absolutely insane amounts of UVB as well as heat. It's easily the best bulb available on the market and they only need to be replaced yearly. They are about USD 40- I've no idea what shipping and handling would be. If you want to know, PM AuntyLolo. I know she got one shipped over there and Laura's awesome.

Glad to hear your little one has perked back up- they delight in terrifying us!

- Kerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom