Why is she sitting like this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinmommy

Our baby, Legs, sits like this often. Mostly when she is full. She is under her basking light. 105 F. Does this aid digestion or is she just being silly?
photo-9.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That actually does look a little odd. Has she had a poop lately?

Another thing I thought of is that the area she is laying on might be too hot. What type of thermometer are you using and what are the tank temps?

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Im sorry, and I really hope its nothing serious, but i have to say this pic is ADORABLE! it made me laugh out loud when i saw it! Shes a cutie, hopefully its nothing :)

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Maybe she is just holding true to her name? those legs do look cute like this :) In all seriousness though, is she eating,pooing and acting o.k.?

twinmommy

Original Poster
We think it is hilarious too! Her tank is textbook --learned from the best here!
We have a 100 watt basking light in a dome, that area is 105F. Other side of tank is 80F. We have a Repti-sun 10.0. We are using a temp probe on her basking spot. (The probe is right in front of her, just out of the picture and you can see the cord going up the tank behind her.) She has been eating more greens lately and ate 16 crickets today. That is a lot for her. We have had her for 2 weeks tomorrow and the past 3 days, she has finally started eating good. Fecal neg. And 2 good poops today, thanks to all the crickets and greens she ate yesterday! She takes a warm bath every 2 days and loves to be cuddled. She seems happy and healthy. Hopefully nothing weird develops and this is just something funny she does. I will move her basking light a bit tomorrow just to see! Thank u all for the responses!

twinmommy

Original Poster
Now that I look at the pic again, it almost looks like she is giving me "the finger"! On both sides! Surely not, my sweet girl! Maybe she doesn't like my baby talk! :D

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Hahahah I didn't even notice that, but it really does!!!
Guess you should ease up on the baby talk ;) lol!

Nicodemous

Hatchling Member
Thats cute!!! She is sitting like Tamyas does when he is eating out of his dish...:)
Such funny little beardies we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom