where to get silkworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
i just went on that site and mulberry farms and with coastal silkworms id be saving around 6$ for the eggs

lizzywoodwardBD

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ya i went on both sites and made an order and the mullberry was more expensive then the costal so i just ordered from costal. I got 1000 zebra silkworm eggs and 1/2 lb. of the dry food for them, so i am expecting them tomorrow or thursday and hopefully they will hatch in like a week. I still need to go to a resturant store to get containers to separate them when they get to big, i think i am going to do that tomorrow. I will keep you updated as to how everything goes and if i am sucessfull in breeding them.

Thanks to everyone

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
Niice :) and I can't imagine how small they are cause my mediums wer like tiny lol how did u set up your enclosure for hatching them

lizzywoodwardBD

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well i am going to let them all hatck in the petri dish that they came in and then i am going to put them in the aluminum pans the half size ones with clear lids and some holes in the lids for fresh air. Hopefully it won't be to big cause that is what i have right now maybe i will try to find something smaller today. And besides that their will just be food shredded on top of them so they can eat.

lizzywoodwardBD

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
prety much all have hatched now and all are eatting a lot, can't wait till they get bigger so they will be easier to move around to different conatiners. I did find a better container to put the new hatchlings in, it is a pie pan with the clear lid, i just got it at the grocery store.

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
Good to hear I used a ziplock container for watermelons when I had mine but it was pretty small so I gotta check out what u bought and did u place a heat pad under the Petrie dish ?

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
alright thanks i just wanted to know if i should use one or not so you just put them in the dish and just left them till they hatched correct?

lizzywoodwardBD

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
They need to be in a room that stays around 75-80 to get the best results. That is what it also says on the lable on the petri dish when i got the eggs and that seemed to work cause prety much all of them hatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom