Where is the strangest place you've ever taken your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just need to work out the leash situation. I just have visions of my dragon jumping off my shoulder and running under a shelf or something. Chasing a dragon all over a store. What if I lost him/her? Just worries me.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Well if enough of us take them out places people will just get used to it like the little toy dogs people cart around like accessories in little purses.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
So after reading all your posts.. i decided to step MY game up and grow some B***S. lol. I took MJ to umm.. Chevys.. mexican restaurant. My gf went with me.. it was so funny lol. I had her wrapped up in a blankie as I walked in... we sat outside and apparently MJ liked the wind so she started sticking her head up wanting to play. After abot 10 min I was like ok lets let her our.. who cares. Somehow she got on the table and out of no where... ZOOOM across the gf's plate !!! I couldnt stop laughing it was so cute !! HE kept runing back and forth playing with food !! Wish i could've taken picxz but didnt wanna attract attention lol

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
I take meathead out often also....Pet store....gas station...dunkin donuts. I walk into grocery stores...wherever I feel like walking in. I would not take him to a restaurant or anything like that ,cause I know for sure some jerk would freak and I would be asked to leave.

I have never been asked to leave from anywhere. Actually just yesterday I walked into this 'Fine WIne" establishment and a bunch of people were just staring at it like WTF?? ewww...until the owner walked over and said..What is that?..A bearded dragon I said..."Can I hold him he asked?"....sure!...I knew I was in like Flyn.
I thought he was coming over to ask me to leave...but he knows he would have lost a really loyal customer.

So I say...take them wherever you want, and if asked to leave ,hey it's their loss, leave everything behind and go elsewhere...problem solved :mrgreen:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I used to take Bogie all over with me. The folks at Hobbytown loved him! :D I also took him to Home Depo and book stores. He was real popular at Toys R Us when I went there. My only prob was Wal Mart. Someone complained after I had been in there for almost an hour! :lol: The manager said it was 'cause of the food, but I was in toys. And I saw the woman looking around the shelves like I had something really dangerous! :lol:

When Ramoth and Allison get bigger I plan to take them out too.

Sandy H :mrgreen:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
We've taken our girls to Subway. Redrock was the first beardie we took to Subway. Speedy and Zoom went a couple of weeks ago. Then we took them to Walmart along with Ann, a lady that has a male and a female beardie that we met through a man I know where I work. We take them into Home Depot all the time. Most of the people we meet there like them and we get a lot of questions. The standard questions are "Is that an Iguanna?" or "Is that a horny toad?" We are also allowed to take them into the electricity office when we go to pay the bill. The lady that usually takes our payments even agreed to allow us to take a picture holding our current two. We also took them into a small grocery store in Bisbee. It's soo far away from our current area that we don't go their very often.

Target doesn't allow them in. Our local post office (this is a small office, too) doesn't want them in. The bank office in Bisbee, AZ we go to doesn't mind them in but the SV office does,

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I need to step my game up too.......not sure i'll go straight for taking them to dinner, but baby steps for sure.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I haven't taken the boys out, due to the large amount of red tailed hawks in the area... I did have a 3' iggy once that used to ride my shoulder/back when I went in for sushi... Ignacious always got some lovely cuke snacks from the kitchen crew... The first time i did that, though the looks and startled employees... I should return for sushi with one of the boys.... Those hawks just make me quite nervous though...
Janie.

I've never taken Dagon anywhere he loves to jump, and I know he would jump off my shoulder at some point. He also likes to try and crawl down my back. Maybe I'll take him out someday when we've bonded a bit more.

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
I tried to take Lucius to Sears last night, BUT hubby made me stay outside. He is too worried about being kicked out. :roll:

He says the only place we need to take any of our pets is the pet stores where they are allowed to go. :roll:

He is such a party pooper. :banghead:

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
I have taken Alf to school twice,to O'Reilly's auto parts(they love her there),2 pet stores,and to the gas station,as well as an aimals education program,and to where my husband works at a garage here in town,my mother-in-laws,and a birthday party.She gets to go alot of places.The library here won't let me bring her,not sure about stores,most of the time I would rather not take her to the store,I would be more worried about her than what I came to get.And sometimes you have to be careful around kids. I had to pull her back from one little boy,he kept rubbing her the wrong way(from tail to head even after being told not to do that and pulling at her beard.My favorite remark is .....is that thing real? I thought it was a toy. That's when I want to say,excuse me but I quit carrying toys when I was about 7 or 8 years old.LOLOLOL

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Oh I agree i am PICKY with who gets to touch my MJ or even hold her. I had a friend comeover once who brought their friends and they all wanted to play with her and one guy had her on his arm... then MJ made a sudden move and this guy literally THREW my baby and she fell on her back. Ever since then... NOPE ! I AM AN OVERPROTECTIVE MOMMA WHEN IT COMES TO MY BABY !!!

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Amber has been to the beach! I didn't let her outside but once because she tried to eat shells and any little piece of anything she could find in the sand. Man, I've got to dig out that beach pic of her!

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well my gf is going to be out of town all weekend, so it's a perfect time for me to take my beardies out into the world. And before I get any weird responses about that, it's not that she doesn't want me taking them outside, it's more just that i'm going to be bored out of my mind entertaining myself for 3 days. She might very well come home to all of our beardies wearing matching outfits............hopefully it won't come to that..........

Atsumi

I'd love to take Spike out sometime, but the closest pet store is 35 minutes away. All we have in my town is a grocery store. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom