Where is the strangest place you've ever taken your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Where is the strangest place you've ever taken your beardie? None of our beardies spend their whole life in a cage, some of us take this a little further than others....so where have you taken your beardie where you've had a moment of "this would seem really weird to anyone else"

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
Well, Diablo went with me to the bookstore today and someone approached me real slow and asked if he was real and if he was an iguana. Then the guy at checkout asked me if I knew I had a lizard on my shoulder.

Last weekend we went to the stop right conv store and the people in line asked if he was gonna bite, then my husband needed me to take a new truck to the other dealership in the next town and pick up one to bring back...so Diablo got to ride in two new trucks and stop for a frozen coke :)

We have also been to the fabric store, pet store, home depot and lowes.

He likes to ride on my left shoulder and look out the window.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You put my beardie outings to shame, i'm really going to have to step up my game. I'm just not brave enough to walk into a store with a beardie on my shoulder.

FJM

Hatchling Member
Me too, i'm too nervous that i'll be asked to leave.

I took mine to the pet store on Friday and she had a free lunch of mealies :D

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Maybe I'll just make my beardies a little orange vest, then i'll tell people she's an assistance animal.......just might work

Hey, just walk into the store like you own it and when they say, "Does that lizard on your shoulder bite???" Look perplexed and say, "What lizard????"

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
I take Scorch everywhere with me. She has even been to the grocery store... when I take her to places that people probably wouldn't like her to be I wrap her in her baby blanket :D I have had one or two people say that they were afraid of lizards, but I think they were just attention seekers. They didn't look scared to me. She went to yogurt land the other day and then we sat outside and she sat on the table with a wax worm snack while the rest of us had a frozen treat.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You brought your beardie a snack!! That's so cute.

I guess part of my issue is that I can't ever decide who to bring with me since I have more than one :? Don't want to play favorites.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
DragonsInKansas":d6cce said:
You brought your beardie a snack!! That's so cute.

I guess part of my issue is that I can't ever decide who to bring with me since I have more than one :? Don't want to play favorites.

Do what I do, and play the poopie lottery! If I cant decide who to take, I take the one that has already pooped that day! :mrgreen:

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
True, the poopy lottery happens every night at my apartment. I always feel a little stupid sitting in the bathroom telling whoever is getting a bath, that they can't stay out and play unless they poop. If no poop you'll have to go back in the cage......Sometimes I wonder if my neighbors can hear me.....they probably think i'm talking to a child

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
hehe. I know my neighbors think I'm nuts because I sit out in the back yard in the morning with Scorch waving worms around and saying things like, "come on eat the yummy worms for mommy"

ldvictor

DragonsInKansas":6f3ae said:
True, the poopy lottery happens every night at my apartment. I always feel a little stupid sitting in the bathroom telling whoever is getting a bath, that they can't stay out and play unless they poop. If no poop you'll have to go back in the cage......Sometimes I wonder if my neighbors can hear me.....they probably think i'm talking to a child

You have no idea how true that is with reference to small children!

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
I"ve only taken MJ to the gas station a few times. But once to my MOm's house where we spent half the day. OMG it was literally like taking an infant somwhere. I had a bag filled with her mist spray.. crickets.. chopped up lettuce.. and her blankie. lol.

But i agree im still a bit scared to go somwhere where we'll get kicked out lol. But im getting ready to go to pep boys in about an hour.. i think baby is coming wit me to get a new tire ! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom