Where do you keep [b]your[/b] colonies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickb

Juvie Member
Ihaggerty1313":05374 said:
It's a quaint little place the kids like to call.... The Roach Room. It sounds like a mid-summer shower when you go into the room about an hour after lights go off. Let's just say if your not ready for it, it can make you feel a little uncomfortable.
-Ian
I know this all to well, heh. I keep em in my bedroom and when you first walk in, its a scurry! Another interesting thing I found is that they tend to run and hide right before rain starts coming down outside. Very accurate little weather forecasters. :eek:

LQDragons

Juvie Member
patrickb":02077 said:
Ihaggerty1313":02077 said:
It's a quaint little place the kids like to call.... The Roach Room. It sounds like a mid-summer shower when you go into the room about an hour after lights go off. Let's just say if your not ready for it, it can make you feel a little uncomfortable.
-Ian
I know this all to well, heh. I keep em in my bedroom and when you first walk in, its a scurry! Another interesting thing I found is that they tend to run and hide right before rain starts coming down outside. Very accurate little weather forecasters. :eek:
I have a dog that doesn't like the rain, when he hears the roaches he hides and won't go outside :lol:

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
patrickb":e5cb9 said:
Ihaggerty1313":e5cb9 said:
-Ian

i guess they would be, if it werent for the billowing rain clouds that are forming outside your window. . . lol, srry just had to say that

adtoes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ihaggerty1313":d00eb said:
-Ian

hahaha creeeepy that's why i've gotta get my colony outta my room cause i'm freaked that i'm gonna hear them at night :p :shock: 8) :? :lol: :puke:

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
It's not too bad if you keep them in your room - you get used to it. They don't tend to scuttle around all night really loudly in my experience, just when something startles them they mass stampede. ;)

adtoes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
TheDragonKeepers":fe97b said:
It's not too bad if you keep them in your room - you get used to it. They don't tend to scuttle around all night really loudly in my experience, just when something startles them they mass stampede. ;)

hmmm okies :) just still adjusting only my third day of with my colony.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Don't worry about it Adtoes, just ignore em. If you can put up with crickets, I've discovered you can put up with anything. I've discovered I can even sleep with someone else's laptop in the bed or the TV on in the background, having lived with crickets at night in my previous house.

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
the dubia are in the corner of the living room next to Sappy's house
supers will be there once they come in and I start breeding them
then I have a couple living in a 10 gal on top of the viv
they are my wife's special christmas roaches
100_0330.jpg

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
got a pair they just came today
glad they were in better shape my last order of supers were in the other day
500 all frozen and dead
they are sending out replacements monday
these hissers are something else though
they actually don't mind being held but I haven't head them hiss yet
the female is almost 4" long and wider than my thumb
the male is quite a bit smaller 3" but as wide
he is a bit shy though

adtoes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i bought 500 supers and they were all pretty much dead ones that weren't wriggling a bit fora couple days; then he shipped replacement; still dead and some still wriggling. i haven't re-ordered or asked for a replacement. whatta inappropriate word removed by moderator

patrickb

Juvie Member
h0ndap0w3r":ee6e6 said:
patrickb":ee6e6 said:
i guess they would be, if it werent for the billowing rain clouds that are forming outside your window. . . lol, srry just had to say that
Yeah, but the rain clouds may loom overhead all day long and not drop a bit of rain. Right before they burst, the roaches scatter. It's neat really, first you get the imitation shower sound, then the real shower sound comes and you look out the window and realize it really is raining!

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Our crickets are in a rubbermaid tub kept under the dragon shelving. That's where we're going to put our superworms once we get those in after the new year. I plan on breeding the superworms to replace the crickets. I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom