Where do you keep [b]your[/b] colonies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adtoes

Hatchling Member
Right now because i live in canada and my basement is cool i've gotta keep my dubia colony in my room eeeek :shock: :oops: which kinda freaks me out but i'm gonna put the head padd on high and put them out in the basement see what kinda temps i get there!

So where do you keep your colonies?

adtoes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
lol really!
don't you worry about them getting out and ending up in your bed; i know i am lol!

Alex52686

I was a little but it's not a realistic fear. nothing on my bed is touching the ground that they could possibly climb up and not to mention that it's nearly impossible for them to get out of the Rubbermaid container. It took a night or two to forget about it :?

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
2 cricket tubs in the bathroom. . . i have a small room with a bathroom attached. Roaches are under 1 tank, super worm heater/incubator is under the other.

clear

Sub-Adult Member
spare bedroom with heating cable under it to keep them warm, space heaters use way to much energy!

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
I've got a colony of lobster roaches that live in the shed. They're in a vaselined coolbox with the lid resting on top (so that airflow is still viable) and a large heatmat down the side. It seems to be working, because they're still alive, even at minus temps. Because it's so cold, I'm getting shop-bought insects until it warms up and the roaches start breeding again.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
It's a quaint little place the kids like to call.... The Roach Room. It sounds like a mid-summer shower when you go into the room about an hour after lights go off. Let's just say if your not ready for it, it can make you feel a little uncomfortable.
-Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom