Where do you feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, how do you feed your beardies? Do you put them in a separate container for feedings, remove decorations from the usual enclosure, or just let the feeders loose for the beardie to catch them?

I've been using a bowl that's deep enough so crickets can't get out, but shallow enough so Ender can still see/get inside. Does anyone else use a bowl?

IMG_1469.jpg

Om nom...

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
I put my beardies in a 10 gallon and add feeder crickets for about ten minutes but stop eating way before that. But barely eat five as of late.

noonthirtyfive

Original Poster
ziggy23":23xo0asf said:
I use a sweater style tote

I... have no idea what this is. I'm imagining a fabric tote bag with a sweater pattern on it. And now I'm imagining the beardie with his own little tote filled with snacks, on which he munches while out running errands.

Picture1-13.png

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
I use little "dog" bowls that isn't really big that way I can leave in the Reptiworms or Supers all day in their tanks.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
I feed reptiworms and dubias, and I put them in a bowl they can't escape from and leave them in the tank all day :D

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
noonthirtyfive":cxt6l76u said:
ziggy23":cxt6l76u said:

I... have no idea what this is. I'm imagining a fabric tote bag with a sweater pattern on it. And now I'm imagining the beardie with his own little tote filled with snacks, on which he munches while out running errands.

Picture1-13.png

lol. They're plastic storage bins like this
16040-sterilite-18-gallon-solid-color-plastic-tote-box-green-glaze_1_375.jpg

The sweater style ones are short and long like this

14329-28-quart-clear-plastic-underbed-storage-tote-by-sterilite_1_175.jpg

tempusfugit

Hatchling Member
noonthirtyfive":154iwovx said:
ziggy23":154iwovx said:

Best post ever

i feed my babies in a seperate 10 gallon tank ever since i found out crickets can bite them in their sleep. its a lot more work but totally worth it in my opinion. was kinda sketchy on the idea of a cricket biting but i was bagging large crickets at work and one actually bit me! it didnt hurt but i can imagine it doesnt feel good to them

Vermundor

Hatchling Member
When my beardie was younger, I fed him a few crix at a time and made sure he gobbled them up before putting more so they couldn't wander around in his tank and hurt him. Now I feed him his worms in a bowl or by hand/tweezer. I like to control what he eats, so whenever I feed him its usually a five minute thing where I stand there and watch him pick his bowl clean. If he doesn't, bye bye goes the feeders for that day, so he knows to eat them up right away. LOL

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Terminator7777":1zbnm9t8 said:
I hate reptiworms there to small and die very fast and shed alot as well.

You have to keep them at 55 degrees, mine live for over a month... and order the large, if you order the small they are way too small.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
lauraj1055":31443xko said:
Terminator7777":31443xko said:
I hate reptiworms there to small and die very fast and shed alot as well.

You have to keep them at 55 degrees, mine live for over a month... and order the large, if you order the small they are way too small.

I read a few things about these worms and even the small, die fast and shed alot as well. I'll keep that in mind 55 degrees and the only thing i could come up with is a cooler with a few ice packs. I don't have the wine thingy they mentioned on there site and the refrigerator is to cold. The only thing that bothers me with these worms is my house is like 80 degrees lol so idk

zac

angus wont eat anywhere but his cage so i just put crix in their in the morning and when i get home a check that they are all gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom