when is too young to separate siblings M & F ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
CooperDragon":l4nwnqbr said:
Wow, 30g is a really big bump! I'm glad the new UVB lights are helping out as well =)

she's been insatiable since the new light went in, huge increase in apetite .... I dump 20 x 2/3 sized crickets in with her and are gone in under 5 minutes and she's begging me for more ....

mind you the lady breeder called her Miss Piggy and warned us she loves her food, and she's always been a great eater.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
21 weeks old.

Peppa is now 205.4g , gained 14.4g this week , now 14.8x bigger, she's been a little eating machine , no food lasts long in her rearing tub.

Measured her while she was sleepy , she's 38cm long (tip of tail to end of snout).

Toothless is now 153.4g , gained 16.3g this week , now 14.0x bigger. He's become very much more social with his mom and dad, want's lots of attention, and lets us know when he wants things done or simply wants a pat.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Both now taking larger week old 2/3 sized crickets.

Each now getting 10 med-large crickets in am , 8 med-large cricket in pm with salad/veg.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
5.5 months old today.

Both have been not so hungry this week, even voracious Peppa has been more relaxed about the crickets , both have been really tucking into their greens.

Peppa has gained 9.4g this week, now 214.8g .

Toothless has started shedding overnight, just on the lips and face so far, he's gained 4.1g and is now 157.5g .

Both have been retiring about 7pm most nights this week.

Peppa had her first adventure on the floor today, didn't travel far, but showed she want to go and explore so we let her , she soon came over and asked to be picked up.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
CooperDragon":173qozgc said:
I suppose even eating machines need a break now and then =)

Yep....guess so.

Two more firsts for each of them tonight.

First nail trim, waited until about midnight while I was up watching TV and I knew they'd be sleepy and very relaxed to try their first nail trimmings. Both very good, no fuss at all, didn't seem phased at all about my taking the needle points off all their nails or my fiddling with their feet and fingers and toes. :)
Had to deal with their razer sharp needles of tallens as they are now getting very strong and starting to accidentially draw blood when they are climbing/crawling about on us.

Also first long late night snuggle after each had their trimmed, both really enjoyed the snuggle and quality daddy time (as much as I enjoyed giving it to them), Toothless snuggled at first into my tummy and elbow (just like Wriggle did) and then crawled up and snuggled into my neck really close to my face. What a snoogy boy.
Peppa loves to crawl up onto the top of my chest and put his chin down on my shoulder. She really didn't want her late night snuggle to end, objected strongly to being put back to bed but accepted the situation when I turned off the lights.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Ran out of crickets last night, and had to get my wife to buy a couple of tubs of Piscus medium sized crickets to tie us over until the next bulk supply of 2/3 sized crickets arrives on Wednesday or Thursday.

Peppa and Toothless were back in form when they got their smaller medium sized crickets today, both chasing them and stalking and hunting them down. I now think perhaps the larger medium crickets (2/3 sized I've had for over a week , approaching 2 weeks) were too big and scary looking for little Peppa and Toothless , and perhaps I was giving too many crickets as well.

Mealwhile Rex has been getting the larger/ some full sized crickets and a few superworms each day for the last couple of days, she's rediscovered superworms (and thinks that yum !, hardly chews them and she disappears them very quickly, I think she'd happily eat 6 - 8 supers in a sitting if I gave them to her ....

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Toothless's first blackbeard !

He spotted Rex who was having her free range time on the floor, leaped off his basking perch, ran to the corner of his tub nearest to where she was , looking down at her and tried his best to get to her, and was very excited and headbanging very vigorously and even showed a jet back blackbeard for a few minutes.

Was very funny to watch , all over by the time wife came from the study to see his new behaviour.

Rex BBed back at him and just stopped in her tracks and glared up him, this only made him more determined to get to her and he headbanged even more furiously until she lost interest in him and resume what she was doing.

My little boy is growing up.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Weekly update :

Toothless is now 161.5g , a gain of 4g this week , he's been showing signs of another shed on it's way this week, throat stretching, not a hungry as usual.Toothless spends most his day "sunbaking" as close as he get to his UVB200 and watching TV from there, he is very lazy, he waits mostly for the crickets to come to him rather than chasing them like Peppa does.
He's now 14.7x bigger than his starting weight.

Peppa is now 233.8g , a gain of 19g this week , she's been really chowing down in her greens, crickets and grated vegs each day and been spending lots of time napping on her heatslab in a spot where she gets the UV and heat from overhead too.
She's now 16.8x bigger than his starting weight.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Upgraded Peppa to a full sized fake (acrylic) log hide , she got Rex's old hide.

She's been finding it impossible to curl up under the small sized HubbaHut she's had since she was 5 weeks old, and she doesn't have a lot of clearance when she crawls through now either. So rather than buy a new medium sized HubbaHut for her, she got Rex's hand-me-down.

Not gone under it yet, think she'll like the extra space and the extra way in-out through the hole in the side (until she grows too big to get her head through that opening). Had to rearrange her rearing tub a bit to fit everything in too.

Will do the same for Toothless in week or two when he grows out of his small HubbaHut , he'll get Puff's old hide (identical to Rex's old one).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
!!! 6 months old today !!!

Both now really into having daddy time , Peppa loves a snuggle under my old red T-shirt or making herself comfy in the crook of my elbow. Even Toothless is now enjoying a snuggle on daddy and he likes the crook of my elbow too, he adores a good tummy tickle too.

Growth:
Peppa gained 7.9g this week, she's now 241.7g.
Toothless has had a growth spurt , gained 13.1g this week, his appetite is back, and he's now 174.6g.

Some pictures of my beautiful little girl Peppa from last night's snuggletime.
210c9r9.gif

sli8g9.gif

Wot's going on over there ?
333wmk8.gif

O-boy, Rex is right .... this is nice ....
34grc3k.gif

15 minutes later .... she's making lots of zzzzzz.....
1iolg9.gif

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Weekly weighins :

Peppa has gained 24.4g this week, she's now 266.1g , another growth spurt for her this week.

Toothless has gained 15.9g this week , he's now 190.5g , looks like another growth spurt coming on for him too.

Both love their bigger more roomy hides , both quickly discovered the two extra entrances (under on side and the other a hole / window near the top on the other side. Been making the most of them too, spending more time basking ontop their new hides, and curling up inside them each afternoon before their diner and at night.

Both had their first adventures on the carpet floor in the lounge room this week (on Wednesday evening (Toothless , he had great time until he spotted Rex and then all he wanted to do was chatting her up) and Thursday night for Peppa , she was just curious about everything.
Only 10 minutes each for their first free-range adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom