when is too young to separate siblings M & F ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
4 months old today.

They have been upgraded from 1/3 sized crickets to 2/3 sized crickets now.

Peppa has had huge growth spurt this week, she's gained 19.1g to bring her to 119.5g and she's now 8.6x her original size.
She's been really tucking into the silkworms (loves them !!!).

Toothless has been in shed most of the week and gained 8.5g to bring him to 91.1g and he's now 8.5x his original size.
He's gone off the silkworms but loves his crickets (demands them !!) and loves his greens and salad.

Both been a bit skittish since yesterday afternoon, our very noisy 5yr old grandson arrived at lunchtime and is here for a long sleepover with granny and pop for the weekend , they both spent most the afternoon hiding from him , only coming out at diner time and again after he went away for his evening bath-playtime.
Both a bit jumpy and skittish this morning and refused to be handfed, but at least neither of them are hiding today, both up and basking since their morning insect meal.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
weekly update:

Peppa has gained 14.4g this week, despite being in shed (in bits n pieces) and she is now 133.9g and 9.63x her original weight.

Toothless has gained 10.2g this week , been preshed most this week, and in shed today, he's now 101.3g and 9.27x his original weight.

Both still tracking each other's normalised growth curve.

Both now on two feeds of 15 - 18 1/3 - 2/3 sized crickets each per day and I'm not finding many uneaten crickets (only at most 3 - 4 per day which were hiding), and both are tucking into their gated carrot and buk choi greens in the late afternoon, not so keen on moistened pellets.

Toothless is really getting into snuggles now , he still gets frisky though when he's had enough snuggles (or when his curiousity overcomes him and he can't resist the urge to want to run about to see what's going on.
He's really into getting petted , will stand up on his hind legs and scratch away to get the attention he wants, sometimes giving him attention to talking to him satisfies him, sometimes he wants to be petted and that will satisfy him.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
18 weeks old today.

Peppa is now 147.1g (gained 13.2g this week) and now 10.6x bigger than her start weight.

Toothless is now 115.6g (gained 14.3g this week) and now 10.5x bigger than his start weight.

Updated growth chart
2iup005.gif

Peppa being weighed
2efusk9.gif

Peppa exploring dad's shoulder
n1qcs7.gif

Toothless being a good boy for daddy
jzae7b.gif

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Here's the latest snap Toothless our little mischievous boy, he's a bit of livewire, but finally very good most the time for me, and sometimes even for my wife (he wants to check out EVERYTHING !!) .
I think this picture taken by my wife while I was handsurfing him before his am cricket feed (he loves handsurfing and being able see new stuff !) captures that mischievous twinkle his eye and his personality shows through really well.
sdl08n.gif

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Got a bee in my bonnet and have replaced all the UVB globes for everyone now, 26W UVB150s for the two bluetongue skinks ( old globes were nearly 10 months old ) and Peppa and Toothless now have brandnew 26W UVB200s (in leu of the 13W UVB200s they've had (were new) since we brought them home).

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Doesn't hurt to freshen them up. I still need to pick up one of the 200s to test output for optimal mounting distance and comparison to the 150.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3jh03oq6 said:
Doesn't hurt to freshen them up. I still need to pick up one of the 200s to test output for optimal mounting distance and comparison to the 150.

I've adjusted the little ones' basking spots so they are 6" from the 26W UVB200s. Any closer and Toothless will want stretch up and try to climb into the nanohood (which is mounted UNDER my rearing tubs' lids).

The extra 13W makes a huge difference in brightness in their rearing tubs and will be handy now we are moving into colder daytime weather.
Is very common practice to up the wattage in autumn to compensate for cooler room temperature in autumn and winter and early spring. I've noted an increase in cool zone temperature from 27oC to 30oC in the rearing tubs (while the room temperature has remained the same (26oC today)) since installing these too.

I'd be interested in seeing your emission vs distance data for UVB150s (and UVB200s when you have it) and comparing it with the claimed output published on the boxes these globes come in.

Personally, I think these are very good globes and only globes better are perhaps Arcadia's UV range.

Toothless and Peppa have certainly given the new higher wattage UVB200 globes their stamps approval, been basking under them all day ....and seem to have coloured up a lot too. Just like Rex did when she got her's.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Peppa chucked a Wriggles this morning, was patting her after cleaning her tub (big sticky poo had to go) , she dashed up my arm onto my left shoulder , wondered over and tongueyed me in the earhole (beardie kiss) then cruised across the back of my neck to my right should and came over and looked into my eye, another beardie kiss, was a very happy girl and was very pleased to go into a clean rearing tub and get a big feed of crickets with a few mealworm beetles and pupae added for a treat.

Toothless really loves his tummy tickled. Colours up beautifully while I doing that.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Peppa is so outgoing and calm and people orientated she is amazing.

She made friends with our very noisy and boisterous 5yr grandson today, I was giving her a nurse after giving her tub a clean, and my grandson came over and she let him pat her , and then , she stunned me by crawling off my chest onto the seat next me towards where he was standing and ambled right to him and looked up (please give me pat / snuggle look) , he sat down slowly and quietly next to her and she came over and gave him a beardie kiss on the thigh.

Toothless has been extremely curious about him, but he wont let our grandson come within a couple of feet of him (what's to go back into his tub or head up onto my shoulder), likes watching our grandson from the safety of his tub , he's not so sure of our grandson up close and person if he's outside his tubs yet, he's fine out on me, and takes a bit of coaxing to let our grandson pat him.

Both love their new 26W UVB200s. As does Rex.

New treats for Peppa and Toothless, green seedless grape slices , Peppa loves them, and sliced ripe strawberry, Peppa is not so keen on these but Toothless loves them.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Yep, they are getting used to him , especially Peppa who is very much more outgoing than Toothless.

Weekly growth update:

Toothless is now 128.1g , a gain of 12.5g this week , and he is now 11.7x his original mass.

Peppa is now 160.3g , a gain of 13.2g this week , and she is now 11.5x her original mass.

I think Toothless will be shedding again soon as he's been leaving a few crickets and not eating as much of his salads/veg.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Weekly update

5 months old today.

Peppa has had a massive growth spurt this week , she's gained 30.7g , she's now 191g and 13.7x bigger than when we brought her home.

Toothless has grown mote slowly, think he's coming up for aother shed soon, he's gained 9g this week, he's now 137.1g and 12.5x bigger than when we brought him home.

I think the new UVB200 globes have given Peppa who shed just before the new globes were installed a great boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom