When does a baby become a juvenile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Hi, i found these 2 pieces of information which may help, not sure how accurate they are :

The inland Bearded Dragon has 6 life stages these are detailed below as each stage is defined and they tend to have major changes at each stage.

Stage 1 pre birth 55 - 75days

Stage 2 Hatchling Juvenile Birth to about 8 inches

Stage 3 Sub-Adult 8 inches to adult

Stage4 Sexual onset / young adult 12 to 16 inches Up to age 3 years old

Stage 5 Mature adult 4 to 7 years of age

Stage 6 Old Age 7 years of age till death
________________________________________________________________________________

EMBRYONIC: UP TO SEVENTY DAYS OLD: This developmental stage occurs within the egg. Generally this stage of life is controlled by the dragon's breeder and it is important to make sure that the dragon's parents (particularly the mother) were fed a nutritious diet, and that there was no inbreeding. These factors can play in important role in the dragon's whole life.
JUVENILE: UP TO 7 INCHES IN LENGTH: While the beardie is in his early months of life, he will feed constantly, needing many frequent meals to continue growing.
SUBADULT: UP TO 12 INCHES IN LENGTH: Generally, it will take between 4 and 5 months for the dragon to reach 12 inches in size and complete this life stage, but this will vary according to husbandry on the part of the owner. Generally during this stage, dragons will eat a little bit less and will tend to favor vegetables more than it did as a young hatchling.
YOUNG ADULT: 12 TO 16 INCHES IN LENGTH: When the beardie reaches this stage, he will be sexually mature and this period will last until he is approximately 3-4 years old. During this time, male and female behaviors become more pronounced; males become very territorial and more aggressive and females will actually do "push-ups" and wave their arms as a signal to males.
ADULT: 4 TO 7 YEARS OLD: Generally during this time, the dragon will stop growing or grow very little.
OLDER ADULT: 7 TO 8 YEARS: It is smart to begin to remove any high-calorie foods from the beardie's diet at this age, such as fruits and worms. Maintain feeding vegetables and insects. Generally at this point, the dragon will slowly begin eating less and less and eventually this will lead to his death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom