when beardys attack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLSlusher

Hatchling Member
I learned the hard way not to wear dark colored nail polish. That's when I get the crazy-eyed beardy look like "OH OH I'M GONNA EAT THAT!" Usually they're slow enough to get out of harms way but occasionally Potato will nip my fingernail.. little boogers! :p

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Personally i'd be more worried about being scratched by their nails then being bit. The twins both bit me at 1 time or another and so did Nemo, didn't much hurt but if they got in a tizzy and clawed me...well I still have scars from that and I'm allergic to scratches for some odd reason, cat, rat, dragon, it all makes me sicky and I have to put jack daniels on it to reduce the inflammation and pain.

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
lacy_black":27da2 said:
Personally i'd be more worried about being scratched by their nails then being bit. The twins both bit me at 1 time or another and so did Nemo, didn't much hurt but if they got in a tizzy and clawed me...well I still have scars from that and I'm allergic to scratches for some odd reason, cat, rat, dragon, it all makes me sicky and I have to put jack daniels on it to reduce the inflammation and pain.
Do you apply that Jack topically or take it internally? lol A little of both, I hope!

I've only been bitten when mistaken for food. It was surprising more than painful, although they can pack quite a pinch if they set a mind to.
But I agree about not backing off. Just coo at him and tell him what a big, scary lizard he is and pick him up anyway, without hesitation or fear. By the time he is old enough to bite hard, he'll be totally over it.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
:lol: To me whiskey is an external remedy only. It makes me mean as a rattle snake and twice as likely to bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom