What to Feed at age 9 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

gocougs18

I was wondering when i shift from mostly protein to a more vegitable diet. my beardie is 9 months old?
Also what vegitables besides collard greens and kale would be good staples?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your beardie has a lot more growing to do, they continue to grow quite rapidly until about 1 1/2 yrs. He will actually decide himself when he wants to cut back on the protein. If you're offering feeders twice a day, one of those feedings he will start eating less and less, then you'll know that only 1 protein feeding is needed and that it's time to give lots of greens/veggies.

Kale really isn't isn't a good staple because it binds calcium. Here's the site that shows the best to feed: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom