What is wrong with my bearded dragon? MBD? Something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it appears to be female. The femoral pores are greatly reduced unlike a male's pores which would be much larger.
So both back feet fold in when she tries to walk or is just on the floor, but just one of them have a bump on it?
Since you are in the UK, Arcadia should be pretty easy to find as they are made in the UK.
I"m glad you changed her substrate out, what did you replace it with?
How is she doing today?

Tracie

Bonniethebeardie

Original Poster
Hi, no there doesn't seem to be any skin around that foot that hasn't shedded , her legs look white/grey like if they need to shed but nothing has come to it and it's been like that for a while now, I've been thinking she's due a shed but as I said she hasn't.
This is the 4th day of her not eating now and I'm unable to get to a different vets until 2 weeks time!
Thank you

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

How is your girl today?
Be sure to get a blood test done when you make it to the vets, to see what her calcium
& phosphorus levels are along with the protein levels, too.
Is she losing weight or maintaining her weight right now? It is possible she could have
eggs so hopefully the vet can take a look at that & do a blood test also.
You could get some chicken or turkey baby food to mix with squash baby food or some
sweet potato baby food to help her out with her nutrition if she has not been eating
anything at all.
Is her beard normal colored?

Tracie

Bonniethebeardie

Original Poster
Hi all, Bonnie is the same as she's been, only difference is, she's eaten one large hopper for me today! It's not much but I suppose it's better than her eating nothing.
It's hard to explain how her foot bends, it's not continuously it comes and goes some times she will walk on it fine others it will bend underneath her when she's laying down or standing up.
I've been mixing some calci dust in with the baby food I am feeding her , I found one which is kale and sweet potatoe
Her beard is normal coloured but she appears to have stress lines on her tummy.
Also when I'm bathing her she bloats up like a balloon and goes really lathargic , as soon as I pull her out of the bath she "deflates" and acts normal?!
Her vet appointment is booked for around 2 weeks time
I'm curious to know how you guys know she's a female as I've been doing my research and it does appear that she has two lumps at the base of her tail (which what i have gathered means she's a male) but I'm going to try with the flashlight tonight and see if I can see!
Thank you all so much!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely try to use a flashlight to see if you can determine the sex of her.
I wonder if the bite is bothering her, making her foot sore so she doesn't want to walk on it often?
I'm glad that you found some food she likes, the kale & sweet potatoes. Definitely add some calcium to that. At least she ate a hopper for you, that's a start!
It is quite normal for them to blow themselves up like a balloon in the bath, then, deflate themselves back down when you take them out.
Let us know how Bonnie doing!

Tracie

Bonniethebeardie

Original Poster
Hi all, Bonnie seems really sleepy today! Not basking much and not moving around her viv much at all!
She hasn't eaten anything for me today!
Just wondering does this foot/leg look swollen to you?
It's her front one! :(
92367-5076831561.jpg
Thank you all

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That front hand does look a bit swollen. Have you gotten a blood test done on her to test for gout?
Did the swelling just begin to show up today? Is she folding that hand over yet?
Sorry she is having so much trouble! I think she is developing gout, unfortunately.
Does the UVB tube have a fixture around the bulb?
I would recommend getting her started on some black cherry juice extract or powder, if you can find it, to give to her daily, at the moment.
I hope she is feeling better soon.

Tracie

Bonniethebeardie

Original Poster
I noticed it yesterday , and no she isn't bending that one.
I have ordered a fixture for her uvb online so I'm just waiting for it to arrive.
And when I take her to the vets on the 22nd I shall get a blood test done.
I'm just wondering is there a certain brand of cherry extract that's suited for BDs or can I just pick up some suitable for human consumption?
Thank you

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, a light fixture will help direct the UVB downward more efficiently. I hope you get that soon!
You can use any black cherry juice/extract & it can be for human consumption, too no problem.
I recommend getting her started on it as soon as you can. Give 1ml, daily for her.
A blood test should reveal renal & liver issues, along with calcium & phophorus levels.
If you don't mind, I would like to see a copy of it when it comes back from the lab.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom