What is the quickest and easiest feeder to breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
I have already started a dubia colony which i need to get another shipment for because it has shrunk since i started feeding to more lizards than just my one beardie. (now feeding 3 beardies and 2 leos) but i was also think of maybe getting superworms if they aren't hard to breed but i want something that will really start up fast or at least reproduce very quickly after it takes off.. any suggestions or experience that you have to share with me?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dubias really are the only one.

All others are either quick and difficult, or slow and easy. None really meet your two standards. But if they all did, everyone would just be breeding their own bugs. :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Any roach like dubias, Turkistan roaches aka red runners, lobsters, discoids. Superworms shouldn't be feed to dragons under 16 inches. You can also do silkworms but you pretty much need an incubator to hatch those and I don't really know about actually breeding them. More like buying a box of 1000 eggs and hatching out what you need in monthly intervals. Same with hornworms.

unkempt1

Juvie Member
If you want a faster breeding roach, my understanding is that red runners and lobster roaches breed quicker (in that order). That being said, there are other qualities they have that make them less easy. Red runners drop their egg sacs to hatch and lobsters can crawl on smooth surfaces that dubia can't.

Dubia are the best roach choice for folks in states that allow them. I would recommend you either wait longer to establish your colony, or buy more adults.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Turkistan roaches aka red runners breed like no ones business but they are fast as hell and freaky looking imo. Look like little red aliens to me :p They get about the size of an adult cricket. And yea red runners drop their egg sacs so you kinda need to pay more attention to the humidity since they don't "incubate" the eggs like dubias but good god they drop egg sacs all over haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom