what is she doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobotRooster

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
im trying to get a pictuere but i am still missing my wires at the moment, also she was around about 3 months when i got her, i will look for these bumps on the legs aswell then, any idea what they look like?

RobotRooster

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no need for a picture now she just laid her eggs earlier this evening, i am not sure how many there are she has buried them. do i now just take them out?

she also looks alot thinner, never new that weight was the eggs, she also chased after two large locusts and gobbled them up, she hasnt chased in a long time.

so eggs just take em out?

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
After ur sure shes done take them out n flush them if they are infertile.....give her a nice long soak n feed her well. al so dust food w/ calcium.she will prob be tired this is the great time for the beardie burrito.
I keep laybox w/ substrate for next time.

RobotRooster

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
its night time over here at the moment will it be fine if i do it tomorrow? all of it, the soak the removing of eggs?

and whats beardie burrito?

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: Well now at least ya know whats a going on :D and since she is laying she will be less likely to get egg bound.
Yes go ahead and give her a soak. You can also give her some vits in with a little bit of watered down pedyalite to help hydrate her. Use a baby med syringe and dap a few drops on her nose and she will start to lap it up. They put alot in to egg laying so by the time she is all finihsed laying you may notice the fat pads on the tops sides of her head sink in. (its the part right behind her eyes on top her head). This is normal, you just have to make sure she is hydrated and well fed and they will come back.
She may lay another few clutches over the next few days/weeks. They often lat batchs rather than all at once.

A beardie burrito is when you wrap your baby in a towel after a bath, they look like lil beardie burritos! :D

RobotRooster

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Judah'sHuman":a7d0d said:
A beardie burrito is when you wrap your baby in a towel after a bath, they look like lil beardie burritos! :D

that made me laugh never noticed before. thanks for the advice.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Poor girl!

My adult female went on record for the smallest batch ever - 2 eggs, yes just the two.......dont know what happened!

Youll have to treat her extra specially nice now for being such a very good beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yricia
Top Bottom