What’s the best flooring?

sunnystunna

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Oslo/Ozzie
Hi! So I recently upgraded Oslo to a 4x2x2, but can’t find a floor I like. The mat I had before was really inconvenient because the poop would leak through and I would have to scrub it on both sides & let it dry (the bottom side was some sort of fabric and took forever to dry) and by that point by the time I put it back in there it was time for him to poop again. So I’ve been using paper towels until I got the new one in.

I thought about loose lay vinyl, but then I have to buy 4x more than what I need, and I can’t find any with no adhesive AND enough texture to make it easy to move on.

I want to stay away from loose substrate because it seems less sanitary & Oslo is terminally ill. I also wouldn’t be able to inspect all his bowel movements as well as I can when he passes on a smooth surface it cannot seep into.

I thought about this mat from dubia.com, but it has 0 reviews and I can’t find their return policy incase I decide it isn’t what I’m looking for. 4x2 Rock Mat

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Lots of options here. Reptile carpet is cheap and easy to clean, tile is more expensive but last forever and it doesn't get easier to clean. I like tile because you can get some nice natural rock or sand looking tiles.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
This is what I have in mines and super easy to clean

Attachments

• 9D32144D-45B5-472F-A86F-FB08BE90F635.jpeg
    9D32144D-45B5-472F-A86F-FB08BE90F635.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 165
  • B515569F-148E-4E76-AE60-858F900B487C.jpeg
    B515569F-148E-4E76-AE60-858F900B487C.jpeg
    988.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 4B464330-29C6-483B-8D8E-C6681DB62B54.jpg
    4B464330-29C6-483B-8D8E-C6681DB62B54.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 169

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! So I recently upgraded Oslo to a 4x2x2, but can’t find a floor I like. The mat I had before was really inconvenient because the poop would leak through and I would have to scrub it on both sides & let it dry (the bottom side was some sort of fabric and took forever to dry) and by that point by the time I put it back in there it was time for him to poop again. So I’ve been using paper towels until I got the new one in.

I thought about loose lay vinyl, but then I have to buy 4x more than what I need, and I can’t find any with no adhesive AND enough texture to make it easy to move on.

I want to stay away from loose substrate because it seems less sanitary & Oslo is terminally ill. I also wouldn’t be able to inspect all his bowel movements as well as I can when he passes on a smooth surface it cannot seep into.

I thought about this mat from dubia.com, but it has 0 reviews and I can’t find their return policy incase I decide it isn’t what I’m looking for. 4x2 Rock Mat
I haven't seen that rock mat- I would get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or your local home improvement store- I use ceramic slated tile - it's not expensive - but it must be cut w/ a tile cutter some home Depot stores will cut it for you just measure it inside the tank-- if you decide to go w/ that--- shelf liner cut it to the size of your tank clean w/ vinegar and water 50 50 solution - you can use thick shop paper towels under your tile i do not have my tile sealed or grouted so I can pull those tiles for better deep cleaning- the paper towels catch the watery urate-

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom