Were to place temperature sensor

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The humidity is being taken by a digital probe hygrometer? It should be placed on the back center wall of the tank --- optimal humidity is 30-40% nothing under 20 and over 70% - too many baths will dry his scales out --- please only bathe once a week or less

Ant350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bluey and bingo
Yes I have 3 hygrometer in tank in the middle on cool side one near hot side ok i cut bath down to once a week thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes I have 3 hygrometer in tank in the middle on cool side one near hot side ok i cut bath down to once a week thank you
The 3 hygrometers are digital probes? Analog hygrometers are inaccurate - you only need one digital probe hygrometer placed on the back center wall

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
There analog I buy digital now in the morning
ok you only need one -- get a reading in the morning before lights on and when the lights have been on for a few hrs -- keep an eye on it --- then if you need to shut the dehumidifier off you can do so -- you dont want the air to dried out --

Ant350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bluey and bingo
Dehumidifier will have to stay on got digital humidity checker with probe humidity in tank at 36.2 I live in Ireland it rains more then it dry we could have all for season in one day here some days lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Dehumidifier will have to stay on got digital humidity checker with probe humidity in tank at 36.2 I live in Ireland it rains more then it dry we could have all for season in one day here some days lol
ok well just get the digital probe hydgrometer its going to give you a more accurate reading

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
The humidity is being taken by a digital probe hygrometer? It should be placed on the back center wall of the tank --- optimal humidity is 30-40% nothing under 20 and over 70% - too many baths will dry his scales out --- please only bathe once a week or less
I agree. About 20-70% humidity is normal.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
I'm going to have someone more professional answer.
I'm not 100% sure.
My home says 24% & we are headed into spring if that helps.
Just got out of a nasty winter not too long ago.

Ant350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bluey and bingo
Thanks I live in Ireland it pretty much wet and widny all year round if we're lucky we can get 3 weeks of 25 to 30 celius of sunshine humidity in or house reads 80% even food hard to get for reptiles I been trying to get Black Soldier Fly Larvae ship to ireland but noone seem to be able to post here. all we can get are locust, crickets mealworms dubai roches

Ant350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bluey and bingo
Hi any advice wat to do iv 2 beared dragons I had them I same thank since I got them at 2 weeks old there 4 months old now and I have separated them into so they buy have 4x2x2 tank each it been a week now and they won't eat so today I put them bk together just for chances 2 them walked up to one another one lick one with it tounge other did the same then they both ran to the food dish eat there salad and eat there crickets

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hi any advice wat to do iv 2 beared dragons I had them I same thank since I got them at 2 weeks old there 4 months old now and I have separated them into so they buy have 4x2x2 tank each it been a week now and they won't eat so today I put them bk together just for chances 2 them walked up to one another one lick one with it tounge other did the same then they both ran to the food dish eat there salad and eat there crickets
Please get them separated now-- they needed time to adjust to their new tanks- they should not be able to see each other- dragons are territorial and even tho they are young they cannot stay together - you will have issues if they are males they will fight to the death - males will want to breed continuously and if females one will become dominant over the other

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Get their tanks set up as we have posted help for you - they will go thru relocation stress- that is normal- if your tanks are on par w/ your surface basking temps and uvb it shouldn't take them too long to acclimate - keep feeding them - if they stop eating all together something is off

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom