Were to place temperature sensor

Ant350

Beardie name(s)
Bluey and bingo
Hi this is bluey my son beared dragon I no little bit about them I'm doing all my research hot side tank were basking bulb is 40 celiius cool side 25 celius iv attached pic can u tell me should I have the temperature probe on the basking rock or should I move it further away the enclosure is 4x2x2 foot any help be much appreciated thank you

Attachments

• 20230216_163809.jpg
    20230216_163809.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 20230216_182141.jpg
    20230216_182141.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 81

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
you will want two probes, one for the hot side and one for the cool side placed on the back wall to monitor ambient temps. then move the one for the hot side and rest it on the basking spot to get the temperature there. spot check the basking spot every now and then. i usually do once a week.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi this is bluey my son beared dragon I no little bit about them I'm doing all my research hot side tank were basking bulb is 40 celiius cool side 25 celius iv attached pic can u tell me should I have the temperature probe on the basking rock or should I move it further away the enclosure is 4x2x2 foot any help be much appreciated thank you
Where is the UVB? You need a long tube fixture like this
your dragon needs this immediately if you dont have it -- it will need to go into the tank approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece -- surface basking temps need to be 105-110 F for a baby dragon -

Ant350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bluey and bingo

your dragon needs this immediately if you dont have it -- it will need to go into the tank approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece -- surface basking temps need to be 105-110 F for a baby dragon

your dragon needs this immediately if you dont have it -- it will need to go into the tank approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece -- surface basking temps need to be 105-110 F for a baby Idragon -

Yes

-

your dragon needs this immediately if you dont have it -- it will need to go into the tank approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece -- surface basking temps need to be 105-110 F for a baby dragon -

Attachments

• 20230216_200537.mp4
    7.3 MB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It 12 inches away from basking bulb
Ok you need it 12-15 inches directly above a piece of basking decor -- does he always sit off to the side of the basking bulb- if so it may be too hot directly under it - take the probe and place it underneath the lamp -- how old is the dragon?

Ant350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bluey and bingo
Ok you need it 12-15 inches directly above a piece of basking decor -- does he always sit off to the side of the basking bulb- if so it may be too hot directly under it - take the probe and place it underneath the lamp -- how old is the dragon?

Ant350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bluey and bingo
He 4 months old no he normally lying in the middle of it once the tank reaches 35 celsius basking bulb will turn of I have so should I move uvb bulb to behind the basking bulb I do have a sitting log for him dat he lies on and he exactly 12 inches from it

Ant350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bluey and bingo
He 4 months old no he normally lying in the middle of it once the tank reaches 35 celsius basking bulb will turn of I have so should I move uvb bulb to behind the basking bulb I do have a sitting log for him dat he lies on and he exactly 12 inches from it

Attachments

• 20230216_232658.jpg
    20230216_232658.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 80

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If you can put the UVB and the basking bulb together that would be great- but when you move the log hes sitting on for the UVB make sure your not getting too high of surface basking temps nothing over 110 F-- when he turns 6 months old that temp is going to drop to 95-100 F-- if you cant do it thats fine - he will go to the light he needs -- your basking bulb should be putting out enough to get temps to 105-110 F -- the 35C you have is not hot enough and it should not be shutting off - he needs a photo period of 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off

Ant350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bluey and bingo
If you can put the UVB and the basking bulb together that would be great- but when you move the log hes sitting on for the UVB make sure your not getting too high of surface basking temps nothing over 110 F-- when he turns 6 months old that temp is going to drop to 95-100 F-- if you cant do it thats fine - he will go to the light he needs -- your basking bulb should be putting out enough to get temps to 105-110 F -- the 35C you have is not hot enough and it should not be shutting off - he needs a photo period of 12 hrs on and 12

Ant350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bluey and bingo
Thank you for all your help I do have it on for the 12 hours turns on at 8am turns off at 8pm I had 2 when I was young they lived together for 12 years till one passed away but tank I had then was already set up for me this first time on my own lol pet shop in Ireland was not that helpfull I done alot research online this website great everyone so kind and helpful thank you so much

Basking bulb I have is a 100watt I also have dehiumitfier in the tank as I need it to keep humidity between 35nd 40% as I can't have water in the tank she or he has swim in Bath every day which he loves

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom