beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Okay. I think I found the cause. Still surprised by it. I forgot to specify a connection count limit to the database. I'm not sure what the default is, but apparently too small. Odd given it was not a normal peak period of time (although with spammer/hacker attempts to connect, it's possible there was a spike). I'll be looking at the server data to see when an issue started and what the actual cause (aside from missing configuration setting) was.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Thanks. Yeah. It looks like it started around 7:30 AM PDT or so. So it didn't last all that long. I'm still digging into server statistics to see what may have happened. It's possible that there are settings I need to tune to either clean up closed connections quicker, etc.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
For reasons completely unknown to me at the moment, the server keeps getting rebooted. I don't see anything on the system that would cause that... no errors or messages about a proper reboot. I'm opening a ticket with the data center to find out if there is some issue on their end.

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
A few minutes ago I went to load a page and it said the site was unavailable - I don't know if that was when things were rebooting or not. But other than that one issue, the site overall has been loading faster, and no other error messages ! :) thanks for working on it all and good luck !
Carrie

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yeah. There have been a few reboots this morning. The first was the worst, as I had not yet reconfigured things to start up properly after a reboot. They are not, so the last couple of reboots weren't so bad... just a brief 2-3 minute outage while rebooting.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Alex, sorry to hear that there are still a few things going on. Just a few minutes ago when I clicked on the General Discussion forum, I got this message 2 times. Just thought I would let you know.
Google Oops! Firefox could not connect to www.beardeddragon.org
Suggestions:

* Try reloading the page
Search on Google:

Google Toolbar Help - Why am I seeing this page?
©2011 Google - Google Home

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Alex, got the same message just now (3:25 Pacific Time) and last night (about 10:30P Pacific Time) couldn't get on at all. Even searched under google, got same response, nothing. But it was fine this am, then got the same message as Diane, but for me was when I clicked on "View your posts".

Otherwise, it's a dream to get around, Alex.

Thanks,
Deb

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I'll figure it out. The ISP is watching, but they're not sure what's going on. It looks like another reboot happened about 2:15. *sigh* Fortunately, it's only a brief outage, but I'm concerned about the risk of file corruption.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
We know you'll figure it out Alex. Unfortunately I just got the same message 2 more times, then the 3rd time, it was fine. You're right, it only happens briefly, sure hope there isn't any file corruption involved. Good luck.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yup. Looks like another reboot occurred at 1:03 AM PDT. *sigh*

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Ahhh... yes. That's a whole different thing actually.

If it says it is temporarily down for regular maintenance (which also starts at 1 AM PDT), then that's different. Fortunately, the backups finished before the server actually crashed and rebooted.

-Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom