beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Okay! So, things are back up!

I still have details to finish setting up. But the forums should be functional now.

PLEASE... if you experience any errors or issues, post a reply on this thread so I can look into it and resolve things.

I will still need to be monitoring the load on the server and do some tuning. But things should be a bit faster right from the start. Hopefully even better after I tune things a bit.

It may take some time (hours) for more people to see that the site is back up, as the new IP address for the server can take time to update.

Anyway... I hope you all enjoy our new beefier server!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Alex,
I wanted to thank you for all your hard work. The site works wonderfully well now, it's very quick to move from one page to another, one thread to another. THANK YOU, THANK YOU. :D
Take care,
Deb Buss

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I'm actually kinda blown away by the server load statistics. Granted, I still have to enable some backup processes, and monitoring/reporting software... but those are normally low impacting anyway... I mean.. it's CRAZY how much better it is.. and I haven't even gotten to TUNE things to take optimum advantage of the new resources (memory and processor).... here... look at this graph!

newserverloads.png

The first few were the load levels days prior to the switch.. and the last one is the load for today (so far).I exected loads to be between 0.5 and 1, but they're WAY low. Partially I expect that it's partially due to lower visitor levels (haven't verified), but I don't think it's that drastic (need more data before I can verify). It make me worry something is wrong, but people seem to be able to access the site.

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
I do most of my browsing on my mobile, so slow responses are exaggerated for me. BD.ORG loads WAY faster now, and I don't get any more time-out messages.

Thanks for all the hard work!

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
wow! that's an amazing difference! i've definitely noticed the site going faster for me today.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Alex,

The board is loading MUCH faster now.
Excellent upgrade on the server upgrade, it is a huge improvement.
Thank you! :D

Tracie

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What a HUGE difference Alex, everything seems to be running much smoother and faster than it has been since way before Christmas. Thank you.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
It's actually faster than it has been in about 6 years. :) Even when we did our last upgrade from a virtual server to a dedicated server (first time we upgraded to have our own hardware just for us), our load on the server was more than it is now (easily)...

newserverloads2.png

Of course, there are reasons for the spikes in the past too... and along the way, I found ways to tune the system more. But still... no where NEAR as smooth as it is now. And I expect this will stay stable like this for years to come. :)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Huh. Well, that's the first bug/issue I've seen. I loaded up the site this morning to see an error saying that the database server said there were too many connections. I'll have to review the configurations. Not sure why that would even happen. I'm guessing some of you saw that too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom