Welcoming our newest addition from today's show !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
He was hatched in March, so he's a little under a year old.. but I fell in love with him when I asked to hold him, and he pooped on me !
he's still unnamed at the moment, but I'm sure he will choose his own name for me after a few days...

I was scared of him when he first came home, as he was very stressed out and scratched the SH********** out of my hands and tried to bite me ! But after a few minutes of petting and rubbing and talking to him to let him know he was in good hands.. he calmed down and fell asleep on my lap !!!! :love5:

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

And to my surprise... I panicked when MJ ran toward Prince.. but only to find them two cuddling in the corner where they fell asleep shortly !!!
IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

fez09

Extreme Poster
Congrats! My husband would never let me go near a reptile show, I'd have to have grocery carts to bring back babies in! If I hold them, they're mine! Let us know when he/she gets a name!

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Katrina ! Omg I was like a kid at a candy and toy store ! Every beardie I held, I looked at the hubby and was like... PLEASE !!!!!!! So I wasn't allowed anymore beardies (for now that is.. not for long though.. hehe)...
I was almost dragged around like a little kid who cried and stayed in one spot until the parent said yes hehehehehehehe, this was my first show and boy oh boy I went CRAZZZYYYY !!!!!

fez09

Extreme Poster
HA! I can imagine! Today I was day dreaming about how many stacking units I could fit into my reptile room...I told my son that Mommy might have to get rid of the boa to make more room, I got a teenager death glare! (Boa is his but I have to clean, scoop boa poop :puke: and even feed, so I made an executive desion that he helps or Lucy goes...) Anyway, I really would like to go to a show just for the experience :wink:

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fez09":86203 said:
HA! I can imagine! Today I was day dreaming about how many stacking units I could fit into my reptile room...I told my son that Mommy might have to get rid of the boa to make more room, I got a teenager death glare! (Boa is his but I have to clean, scoop boa poop :puke: and even feed, so I made an executive desion that he helps or Lucy goes...) Anyway, I really would like to go to a show just for the experience :wink:

lol hahahaha love the decision on Lucy !! Trust me, I think we all dream about how many tanks we can fit in one room or around the house :D . It will be a while until I go to another one, but definately, you MUST go to a show! Leave your wallet at home . lol.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Lance ! Although I think I may be a bit scared of it... he's sleeping on the couch and everytime I'd come near it, he'd hiss at me. *gulps*

Oh well... he can have the couch. MJ and Prince are knocked out on the bed... I guess I'll take the floor... :shock: ? lol

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
That is cute of him laying in your lap on his side...
but...
this question may make me look very dumb...
What is he? :oops:

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
puffsmama":ceb68 said:
That is cute of him laying in your lap on his side...
but...
this question may make me look very dumb...
What is he? :oops:

Oh no worries... he's a Savannah Monitor :D . I've been reading up on them quiet sometime now.. they get really big, up to 4 feet ! :shock: My stance on getting him is (now THIS is dumb lol).... if someone was to break into my apt, and see a big mean lizard roaming around... they'd get scared !!! lol.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
oh and they're cute offcourse ! Plus they're really mean and aggressive so you have to tame them in their first years . I think they're like beardies but bigger... they LOVE affection once they learn to trust you :D

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Congratulations Rainbow!

So I thought you were looking for another companion to stay awake and keep you company???
Doesn't look like he's doing a very good job at it. :lol: Just kinding.

I'm surprised that's all you left the show with. :lol:

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fresnowitte":3c8c3 said:
Congratulations Rainbow!

So I thought you were looking for another companion to stay awake and keep you company???
Doesn't look like he's doing a very good job at it. :lol: Just kinding.

I'm surprised that's all you left the show with. :lol:

Thanks Barb !!

Hahhaa yeah he failed his first task !! ugh ! Maybe after a day or two I can trick him on staying up with me. The house is so quiet right now . I HATE HATE HATE when the babies are sleeping ! It's so funny because only US beardie slaves know how it is when they're sleeping or brumating. When I tell my mom it's quiet at night and I get lonely, she's like " they dont make any noise during the day so what are you talking about !?!?!?!" lol

Oh I had to be DRAGGED out lol.. I wanted every beardie there ! I had a really huge orange beardie crawl all over me and rested on my face.. I thought it was cute and I wanted him :( . Oh well.. there's always next time. :(

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Ha....ha!
When I tell my mom it's quiet at night and I get lonely, she's like " they dont make any noise during the day so what are you talking about !?!?!?!" lol
Your mom should meet my beardies if she thinks they don't make any noise. My house has been so noisy for several days now...an during the day I'm often the only human in the house...go figure. :lol:

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
oh yeah my mom has NO idea ! I tell her on nights that MJ and Prince sleeps in their tanks.. they wake me up by scratching and knocking down their furnitures until I can't take it anymore !!! lol !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom