Weird Stuff With Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Hemingway's poop today is very weird. It had this weird pinkish thing that was hard like a rock and his urate had grey-ish stuff at the end of it. He didn't poop for about a week and isn't really eating too much. He'll eat about 1-2 large roaches a day will only eat a few pieces of collard greens in a day. He's getting a fecal in a week or two since one is due a month after he finished his medication. He had Pinworms and Coccidia and was given Ponazuril and Albon for those and then after those were done we did a fecal and he still had a low count of parasites and so we were given Panacur and he's finished that December 23 and will get a fecal sometimes around January 23. Before the Panacur he had a very aggressive appetite and pooped regularly and now he won't eat as much and doesn't poop more than once a week. I kept him well hydrated while on the medication and he was fine but a fews days after finishing he started not feeling well. Before meds he weighed 333g and he's down to 329g which I know isn't a significant weight but since he's not eating much now I feel he'll start losing weight. Please Please help. I've posted a few times during this journey and haven't really gotten any response and I need some advice.

This is a picture of what came out with his poop (by the drain is where the grey-ish urate is):
86297-8426475203.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Adriana, what was his poo like before he went on the meds, and exactly how long was he on the meds ? A small amount of parasites can be normal for beardies, so don't stress if he still has a few. The poo is probably different color because of the meds. and him not eating much. Once he's back to eating better he should be O.k

A 5-6 gram weight loss is no concern at all, they can weigh 20 grams less with a large bowel movement. Just keep offering him food, try a variety and keep him off the meds. to give him a break. Too much treatment can ruin the appetite for a while. You can offer water via syringe on his snout for extra hydration.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
His poop was liquidy and had no form at all with a normal, white urate. Then he went on the Ponazuril and Albon and it had more form to it but his appetite was still pretty aggressive, he used to get very excited over his daily dubias. Then he was on the Panacur for 4 days, the skip 10 days and give another 4 days. Then a month after that they wanted a third fecal. He's due for that fecal in about a week.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today i came home and his beard and tip of his tail were black. I took him out and held him for a little while on my bed and the black beard went away after a few minutes. Could this mean he's uncomfortable or that he just wanted to get out of his cage? He's never turned black other than when he saw my family friends female dragon even though she was across the room. He ate pretty good yesterday and this morning considering he was hardly eating at all before.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So I went out and bought Carnivore Care since my vet recommended it since he won't eat. She told me to mix 1/2 tsp of the powder with 1/4 tsp of water and feed it via syringe. I did that and he ate it all. She didn't exactly say what this is for, so will this encourage him to eat?

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
After giving him carnivore care for just 2 days he started eat and pooping better. I wasn't home yesterday to give it to him but he'll get it today. He never lost his energy so he's still got it

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
After a few days on Carnivore Care his diet spiked for about 2 days and is back down. He's still getting it everyday and still won't poop without being in a bath and will only poop about once a week. This is getting frustrating and vet bills are adding up. I'm bring his poop sample in tomorrow afternoon and should get results on monday. When they call me on monday I know they'll want to check him out. Next thing I'm thinking of trying is the Zilla Reptile Health Supplies Jump-Start Appetite Stimulant as I've heard good results. This whole thing has been going on for months since I suspected parasites and was right. He's also started taking early nights again. His light is now on about 13 hours and he's going to sleep an hour early. Please are there any suggestions?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The Carnivore Care is pretty high in calories and is often reserved for dragons who are losing weight fast and not eating anything without syringe feedings. That may have filled him up quite a bit. How is his weight doing now? If that's stable, I wouldn't force too much food on him. His appetite may be off due to the meds. I'd offer him plenty of water and perhaps some probiotics for a couple of weeks to see if that helps his appetite bounce back. The second fecal test is a good idea as well just to ensure the treatment was effective.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
what kind of probiotics do you recommend? And where can I get them? Also how would I dose that? I'll stop the carnivore care and monitor his weight for a little while. He seemed to thicken up slightly after a little over a week on the carnivore care. He's been eating some collard greens but isn't too interested in proteins.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He's been on alfalfa pellets for a few months because he started wanting to dig and the vet uses it too so I thought I'd give it a try. I would like to go back to shelf liner or maybe tile. Not too sure. I'll buy the probiotic after I bring the stool sample to the vet (I wasn't able to go today. But I'll go Monday) I'm so stressed out about this. Going to completely disinfect his cage tomorrow and put down some paper towels for substrate until he's parasite free and all normal. Going to keep his cage simple, just his basking rock and hide.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Maybe he swallowed one of those pellets? I would definitely get rid of them especially while dealing with parasites. You could get one of those plastic shoe boxes and put play sand in there for him to dig once he's clear of parasites. You can also make him eat by just putting veggies into his lip and same thing with roaches. I use tongs to grab a roach and lower the bottom lip some and push a roach against the teeth.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he eats his veggies pretty well, he just won't eat proteins. and he won't poop unless i bathe him. i think i'm going to order some butterworms. I found an herbal supplement made to help overcome parasites in reptiles called reptaid, i want to see if this works. I don't want to medicate him anymore. I also purchased the benebac gel.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He actually pooped today on his own in his cage, it was small and had little form but is still good that he at least pooped without the bath. Today me and my mom cleaned and disinfected his entire cage and are keeping it simple until he's completely better. He's a little tense and cautious in it right now but in a little while he'll get used to it. This is what i'm going to keep in there for now:
86297-191621325.jpg

Im also going away this weekend. Leaving Friday night coming back Monday night. My mom will Give him collard greens each morning and his lights are on a timer. He still won't really eat too many roaches, though he ate 6 today. His appetite seems to go back and forth. Some days he wants no roachs and some days he'll eat a good 3-5 of them. He's still been eating a little of his greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom