Weird sleeping habits

Status
Not open for further replies.

norbertbd

Hatchling Member
My 6.5 month old beardie likes to sleep in weird positions (at least to me). He's slept in the vertical position hanging on his bricks. I thought that was strange, but at least his body was straight.

I thought when he burrowed into his blanket it was cute. My daughter thought he'd gotten out some how.

Now he's started sleeping in a tight "U" shape between two bricks. He's able to get himself out in the morning, but he just jams himself in there. His sides are touching and his legs are splayed in weird directions. Is he just crazy or do others sleep like this? Is it a security issue?

madavies65

Hatchling Member
So long as he can get out again then I would suggest leaving him -- my nim had a habbit of climbing to the top of her rock wall and wedging herself into a small crevice between the fake wall and the ceiling. She had trouble getting back down again in the morning so I wedged a pen in there, (its still there btw) but I will fill it as soon as I get her older vivarium up to spec (i.e. new lighting, tiled etc..)

Nim sleeps on the floor mainly with her back legs splayed out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom