Wattery Poop

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Has the poop consistency changed? Are you feeding fruit? I see dubias anything else?
Not really, sometimes it's a little better but still not firm and mashy. I don't give any fruit now. Mostly only dubia. Also some black soldier larvae with the veggies and leaves. Yesterday gave a mealworms. This morning she has the same stool and earlier on the morning than usual. I was feeding her dubia as a staple from the day I got her. Do you think it's could be a reason? I don't really like crickets.
Yesterday she was hiding most of the afternoon. Maybe didn't get enough basking. But every time she eats , she going to bask right a way like for 30-60 minutes.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not really, sometimes it's a little better but still not firm and mashy. I don't give any fruit now. Mostly only dubia. Also some black soldier larvae with the veggies and leaves. Yesterday gave a mealworms. This morning she has the same stool and earlier on the morning than usual. I was feeding her dubia as a staple from the day I got her. Do you think it's could be a reason? I don't really like crickets.
Yesterday she was hiding most of the afternoon. Maybe didn't get enough basking. But every time she eats , she going to bask right a way like for 30-60 minutes.
So shes getting enough basking but that 113 is pretty hot --- I would lower the temp if you can down to 95-100 -- I would keep feeding the roaches - they are a better feeder -- are you feeding squash?

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
So shes getting enough basking but that 113 is pretty hot --- I would lower the temp if you can down to 95-100 -- I would keep feeding the roaches - they are a better feeder -- are you feeding squash?
I don't feed any veggies for the last 2 weeks. Only leaves. I can Lower the temps, but there is a big basking area on that hammock. I checked temp in different parts cause she can move and choose where to lay. Some parts around 98, 100. It's the hottest point under the lamp is 113.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I don't feed any veggies for the last 2 weeks. Only leaves. I can Lower the temps, but there is a big basking area on that hammock. I checked temp in different parts cause she can move and choose where to lay. Some parts around 98, 100. It's the hottest point under the lamp is 113.
ok its giving her options-- what kind of leaves are you feeding?

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
The greens should not be giving her watery stools - has she been tested for parasites?
Yes, they fount not big amount of pinworms. I gave her medicine as instructed. It's been like a week ago and nothing changed. She never drink water from the bath. Doesn't have a water bowl in tank. The only hydration she gets it's from the dubias and leaves. I'll going attach this morning poop. Always a lot of water.

Attachments

• 20230726_082228.jpg
    20230726_082228.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 49

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes, they fount not big amount of pinworms. I gave her medicine as instructed. It's been like a week ago and nothing changed. She never drink water from the bath. Doesn't have a water bowl in tank. The only hydration she gets it's from the dubias and leaves. I'll going attach this morning poop. Always a lot of water.
Shes definitely hydrated -- I am going to have some one else take a look at this
@AHBD

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Thanks a lot. I'm going through all possible reasons and can't figure it out. I hate to change the hammock as basking spot cause I really like the way enclosure now. But may be I need a rock or wood that going also warmth the belly from the bottom.

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Shes definitely hydrated -- I am going to have some one else take a look at this
@AHBD
Thanks a lot. I'm going through all possible reasons and can't figure it out. I hate to change the hammock as basking spot cause I really like the way enclosure now. But may be I need a rock or wood that going also warmth the belly from the bottom.

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I wouldn’t feed hornworms as they hold a lot of water. I would feed some veggies but more dry ones instead of juicy ones. I’d also take her to a different vet and see if they see anything as more opinions can be better.

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
I wouldn’t feed hornworms as they hold a lot of water. I would feed some veggies but more dry ones instead of juicy ones. I’d also take her to a different vet and see if they see anything as more opinions can be better.
I only feed couple of times like a month or so ago. What are the dry veg would you recommend? She doesn't seems really sick so, only thing I would probably do it's redo a fecal sample, may be they miss something there. Or there is some other test that could be done.

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I only feed couple of times like a month or so ago. What are the dry veg would you recommend? She doesn't seems really sick so, only thing I would probably do it's redo a fecal sample, may be they miss something there. Or there is some other test that could be done.
I personally feed squash but carrots and snap peas just stuff like that would work. You don’t have to do this it’s just for a little bit more variety and color. I’d say get just an overall examination on her and bring another fecal in that happened within 24 hours. Also show them the pics you sent us.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can try some raw shredded sweet potato to see if it will firm it up some -
@AHBD

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
You can try some raw shredded sweet potato to see if it will firm it up some -
@AHBD
Hello everyone, I'd like to do update and attach the pics of last two days stool. It's getting better but still not ideal. I change basking spot that get more heat on surface and reduce overall temperature. Gave her some sweet potato as well. Trying to feed her less now. Twice a day instead of three.

Attachments

• 20230817_095114.jpg
    20230817_095114.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230815_135918.jpg
    20230815_135918.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 44

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom