Wattery Poop

Jackie...BD!

Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Hello everyone. My beardie having mashy poop for about a week now. It's always comes with a lot of water. I'll attach pics. The poop doesn't really smell too bad, but anyway I took the fecal sample to the vets and it's found a small amount of pinworms which I treating right now. I'm afraid it's not the real reason cause it's very little amount of them and poop doesn't smell too bad as it does with parasites. Appetite might become a less but she's very good eater in general so it's barely noticeable. I am using grass hammock as a basking spot so I'm concerned may be thats not to well for digestion, cause it doesn't hold temperature well and under stomach she don't get enough heat. But over the top she's getting her 100-107 on that basking hammock.
I'm going to attach pics of poop and enclosure. Maybe anyone have ideas what's that could be.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230712_080839.jpg
    20230712_080839.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 20230707_083552.jpg
    20230707_083552.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230716_153229.jpg
    20230716_153229.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 56

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everyone. My beardie having mashy poop for about a week now. It's always comes with a lot of water. I'll attach pics. The poop doesn't really smell too bad, but anyway I took the fecal sample to the vets and it's found a small amount of pinworms which I treating right now. I'm afraid it's not the real reason cause it's very little amount of them and poop doesn't smell too bad as it does with parasites. Appetite might become a less but she's very good eater in general so it's barely noticeable. I am using grass hammock as a basking spot so I'm concerned may be thats not to well for digestion, cause it doesn't hold temperature well and under stomach she don't get enough heat. But over the top she's getting her 100-107 on that basking hammock.
I'm going to attach pics of poop and enclosure. Maybe anyone have ideas what's that could be.
Thanks.
What is the diet? Are you getting temps off the hammock w/ a digital probe thermometer? The grass hammock I would replace w/ a cloth or a fleece one - the one your using is notorious for causing feet sprains and nail injuries -- what kind of UVB I see domes but no long tube fixture --- brand and bulb please
www.pamperedbeardie.com
www.esty.com

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
I'm feeding dubia in the morning and evening. At the day giving leaves . I have uvb tube arcadia 36 12%, its just not seen on a pic. I'm getting Temps with the gun, it's seems pretty accurate. I putting cloth on the top sometimes.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I'm feeding dubia in the morning and evening. At the day giving leaves . I have uvb tube arcadia 36 12%, its just not seen on a pic. I'm getting Temps with the gun, it's seems pretty accurate. I putting cloth on the top sometimes.
ok the IR gun cannot read off of hammocks -- unless your getting the temp off that cloth - distance for your UVB should be 12-15 inches directly above her -- she needs salads every day and insect 2-3 times per week
Nutrition Content ignore the kale info it is outdated and a good staple feeder -- feed less food that is watery this could be a cause squash cucumbers watermelon etc -- try some raw shredded sweet potato see if that firms it up some

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
When I was putting a cloth I was checking the temp. It's 100w halogen atcadia lamp, it's definitely enough. Uvb about 10 inches off the hammock, I'll attach the pic. UVB shouldn't be the problem too. She's just 6 month old l, so I'm still keeping on insect side feeding. I'm feeding 3 times a day and moving to twice a day. I don't give her much veggies or fruits since she had that poop. It's mostly mustard, dandelion, escarole, turnip greens.

Attachments

• 20230720_110054.jpg
    20230720_110054.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 54

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
When I was putting a cloth I was checking the temp. It's 100w halogen atcadia lamp, it's definitely enough. Uvb about 10 inches off the hammock, I'll attach the pic. UVB shouldn't be the problem too. She's just 6 month old l, so I'm still keeping on insect side feeding. I'm feeding 3 times a day and moving to twice a day. I don't give her much veggies or fruits since she had that poop. It's mostly mustard, dandelion, escarole, turnip greens.
Ok feed salads everyday and cut back on feeding 3 times for bugs I would go to once a day- I would add some superworms- horn worms and meal worms as treats 2-3 times per week - her surface basking temps drop to 95-100 as dragons get older they tend to not like real hot temps--

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Ok feed salads everyday and cut back on feeding 3 times for bugs I would go to once a day- I would add some superworms- horn worms and meal worms as treats 2-3 times per week - her surface basking temps drop to 95-100 as dragons get older they tend to not like real hot temps--
Yes, thanks....I'm treating with black soldier larvae and horn worms sometimes. I'm trying my best and doing anything. But that stool I couldn't figure it out why. May be I'll wait few more days while I'm giving the medicine for pinworms and it'll get better. The only other things I could change that's change basking spot with some surface that going to hold the heat and warm her more from the bottom. I really like the way that enclosure right now. I can't find enough information is that making the difference for digestion or not. There is nothing else it seems to me need to be change at her enclosure or lifestyle.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes, thanks....I'm treating with black soldier larvae and horn worms sometimes. I'm trying my best and doing anything. But that stool I couldn't figure it out why. May be I'll wait few more days while I'm giving the medicine for pinworms and it'll get better. The only other things I could change that's change basking spot with some surface that going to hold the heat and warm her more from the bottom. I really like the way that enclosure right now. I can't find enough information is that making the difference for digestion or not. There is nothing else it seems to me need to be change at her enclosure or lifestyle.
Dragons heat from their backs not stomachs -- you want the warmth from above -- this is what starts the digestion -- the loose stools could be caused by the meds as well -- I know it can effect the appetite -- you could try giving her some probiotics -- here is a website for those -- Tracie can weigh in on the med side effects as well - do you have the test results of the fecal done - if you do post them she can help there as well
Reptile Supplies by Bug-De-Lite this is Tracies website
@Drache613

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Dragons heat from their backs not stomachs -- you want the warmth from above -- this is what starts the digestion -- the loose stools could be caused by the meds as well -- I know it can effect the appetite -- you could try giving her some probiotics -- here is a website for those -- Tracie can weigh in on the med side effects as well - do you have the test results of the fecal done - if you do post them she can help there as well
Reptile Supplies by Bug-De-Lite this is Tracies website
@Drache613
I ordered the probiotics, should arrived anytime soon. The test result simple, it's just said she has a small amount of pinworms.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I ordered the probiotics, should arrived anytime soon. The test result simple, it's just said she has a small amount of pinworms.
If its a small amount I would not treat but that is me - I had a test come back one time that was like that and I did not treat - the dragon ended up w/ a normal amount w / the proper surface basking temps and UVB -

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
If its a small amount I would not treat but that is me - I had a test come back one time that was like that and I did not treat - the dragon ended up w/ a normal amount w / the proper surface basking temps and UVB -
She has that stool before meds almost a week.
Do you see anything in my enclosure that needs to be changed in the lighting or basking. UVB is one of the best lights on the market and according her growing fast and healthy last 3 months shouldn't be a problem. Even if my thermometers for some reason wrong, that 100W halogen light about 12 inches from that basking spot on hammock should give enough for digestion. Seems nothing else I could done at this point.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She has that stool before meds almost a week.
Do you see anything in my enclosure that needs to be changed in the lighting or basking. UVB is one of the best lights on the market and according her growing fast and healthy last 3 months shouldn't be a problem. Even if my thermometers for some reason wrong, that 100W halogen light about 12 inches from that basking spot on hammock should give enough for digestion. Seems nothing else I could done at this point.
Proper surface basking temps are key- get a digital probe thermometer-and get the temp on where she sits -

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Proper surface basking temps are key- get a digital probe thermometer-and get the temp on where she sits -
Can you please recommend specific brand. I see a lot of them, and some have a bad reviews cause of inaccuracies.
Thanks in advance.

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Proper surface basking temps are key- get a digital probe thermometer-and get the temp on where she
Hello again.
I checked the temp with probe. In the most hot area of hammock it's 113, and all around somewhere fromm 99 to 113. Basking spot looks good then. She's still have an diarrhea. Sometimes I bring her out of enclosure on evening and she's pooping second time a day and it's has a better form then morning mess.
I'll try to redo the fecal test, may be vets miss something on the first one. Cause I can't figure out why she has that

Attachments

• 20230724_145720.jpg
    20230724_145720.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 42

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hello again.
I checked the temp with probe. In the most hot area of hammock it's 113, and all around somewhere fromm 99 to 113. Basking spot looks good then. She's still have an diarrhea. Sometimes I bring her out of enclosure on evening and she's pooping second time a day and it's has a better form then morning mess.
I'll try to redo the fecal test, may be vets miss something on the first one. Cause I can't figure out why she has that
Has the poop consistency changed? Are you feeding fruit? I see dubias anything else?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom