waterfalls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strhunter2

Hatchling Member
how much would a waterfall raise the humidity in the viv, i was thinking about putting 1 in for looks and also as a water source for my beardie to drink from?

thanks,
strhunter2

Deemac6

Juvie Member
Any standing water raises the humidity too much, also very rarely do dragons drink standing water and as long as you are bathing and feeding greens they are getting enough water from that so you shouldn't worry about it.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
If your using crickets as a feeder too, that could also be a problem. they are known to get stuck in the water falls and clog up the intake.. I had one in my tropical tank for a while.. Took it out and tossed it due to the issues with crickets..

While mine drink from standing water from a bowel( I have photos for proof), there's the risk of raising the humidity to much with a waterfall if its to big

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
i would think a waterfall bump up the humidity big time. I thinkthey just need and love that dry heat, so i would stick with bathtime and juicy worms as there water source. :D
Not that a waterfall isnt pretty! But probably not for a Beardie's Viv.
Im not an expert on humidity levels though....so its just an opinion, i mean i dont even keep a water bowl in Blue's viv...im that paranoid about humidity! ha! She gets a warm bath everyday.

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
Unfortunately a waterfall would raise the humidity substantially or I would have one in at least one of my enclosures.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
ive had one in my big inclosure (6ft long) on the cold side and my humidity was fine. the only problem i had is the darn thing leaked alot. but if you dont have atleast a 4ft i wouldnt do it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom