Are those toxic?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Hey there, so I'm thinking about putting in some live plants like aloe and agave into the viv but every source I check lists them as "mildly toxic" despite a lot of people putting them inside their tanks. Does anyone know if these are safe?
IMG_20231021_093223.jpg

It's the "true aloe vera" and the "agave americana".
My boy tries to eat everything I put into the tank, except his salads of course 😅

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Hey there, so I'm thinking about putting in some live plants like aloe and agave into the viv but every source I check lists them as "mildly toxic" despite a lot of people putting them inside their tanks. Does anyone know if these are safe?
View attachment 84855
It's the "true aloe vera" and the "agave americana".
My boy tries to eat everything I put into the tank, except his salads of course 😅
I saw this article on the Zen Habitats website, maybe it will help you with your choice. By the way, aloe vera is on the list of permitted plants.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
I saw this article on the Zen Habitats website, maybe it will help you with your choice. By the way, aloe vera is on the list of permitted plants.
Thank you very much, seems aloe is safe even though it causes diarrhea in humans. Doesn't say anything about the agave though and I really like this one as I digged it up at the coasts of portugal ;)

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Thank you very much, seems aloe is safe even though it causes diarrhea in humans. Doesn't say anything about the agave though and I really like this one as I digged it up at the coasts of portugal ;)
Unfortunately, I don’t know anything about agave, but you have created a very useful topic, I hope there will be more tips.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Now that's cool.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Unfortunately, I don’t know anything about agave, but you have created a very useful topic, I hope there will be more tips.
Me to. Beardies I know, plants I don't. But I love the look of plants on a habitat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom