Walking weirdly and not active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I know it's repetitive at this point but I want to run over my setup again just to see if anything stands out.
Previous- 26 watt coil uvb 6-9 inches away and basking spot that ran between 111-99. Calcium with d3 on every feed. 16 hour days with a timer to be sure. Veggies were collards and squash with various other things intermittently, but I've seen her eat a few bites ever. Mostly dubias, but crickets when she was smaller or decides roaches won't make her happy. Superworms once and waxworms as treat but very rarely.

Now- t5 10.0 tube 13.5-10" away(when I had the higher furniture in before this it was 5-16"). Basking spot 94-107 (with furniture and tile 114-97). When she hit 6 months I started putting calcium on one feed per day, but didn't dump the excess powder so the roaches would still crawl in it. Temps are all taken with a temp gun and the tube is only roughly a month old and I got it at about the 6 month time frame of her coil

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is very odd. It's really not likely related to care or environment. It reminds me of muscular dystrophy or something along those lines.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I thought the same thing!! I actually spent a good portion of today googling muscular disorders and neurological disorders in bearded dragons. Basically the only disorders I can find are MBD and ADV. at the end of the video she actually walks the most "normal" that she has since this started. Almost like she corrects herself. While basking in her spot she is holdin her head and upper body up so I know she can put weight on her front. What's still blowing my mind is that this just started spontaneously

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Looks like a bad injury to the right arm, possible shoulder dislocation. Any way you look at it, it would scare me. I am so sorry you are going through this zombie. I am sad for your little buddy too!

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I hadn't considered dislocation. I'm going to call the vet again tomorrow. If it were dislocated would she be able to use it at all? I wonder if possibly while jumping it could have torn the ligament or muscle? I've had a torn muscle and I'm pretty sure I walked weird too. Downside of this is a muscle injury will an X-ray show it?

Thank you. I hate to see her not running like a little terror and being so perky. I wish there was something I could to help her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor sweetie, still trying to get around like she used to. Thankfully there's no black beard so there's probably no actual pain. I was leaning toward some type of injury [ tissue or bone ] but the lack of a black beard makes me think otherwise.

It really DOES seem like a neurological disorder, and yes they can pop up overnight. It may or may not be related to a nutritional deficiency but there can be other causes as well. I sure hope it can be diagnosed and that she can recover , hopefully ASAP.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm actually emailing back and forth between Sarah from pamperedbeardies and Sarah's bearded dragon rescue who has rescued quite a few dragons with neuro/muscular disorders that are otherwise unknown in most articles. Adv and mbd are pretty much what comes up with any search because they are just the most prominent.

Yep, her little belly and beard are just as creamy white as can be. Can neuro disorders be diagnosed? Or is it a matter of process of elimination? I'm basically camped out by her tank just keeping watch over her and its heart breaking

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sarah is a really good resource. I hope she is able to add additional thoughts on this one. If it's something like a tumor then it can be detected with a CT or possibly an x-ray. Blood work might turn up something out of the ordinary as well. Unfortunately I just don't think there is much research or knowledge available for advanced diagnosis of a lot of dragon issues. That is slowly changing but it's not where it should be yet. I'm still hoping this is just due to physical injury which would heal up on it's own.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have a theory, possibly. I've been rewatching the videos and I've noticed that it's that one side. I looked closely and it looks like her rigt arm is getting stuck underneath of her body while she walks.

Could it be possible that this is an injury to the shoulder or arm and when she's walking she can't extend it properly so it's, basically, getting hung under her body which is causing that clumsy jerking action? Basically a result of her trying to "unhang" it from underneath of her body?

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sarah really is great! She's referred me to an Australian vet also who has more information on nuero disorders.

Tomorrow I am going to call the vet AGAIN. One thing I have read is that bearded dragons get subjected to the same treatment as puppies from puppy mills just bred over and over and interbred which goes from a few known disorders to all kinds of random junk that people and vets just aren't prepared for.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She came from petsmart... I had every intention of adopting when I was gathering supplies, but saw how bad they were being treated and just on a complete mad moment took her home. He said three months, but she was closer to three weeks.

Also where's a good place to get silkworms? I'm hoping if it's a tear maybe the serrapatase(sp?) could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom