Walking weirdly and not active

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good to hear. :) Just mix in your calcium powder with the baby food. And superworms are not really junkfood, look up as many online sources as you like and you'll see that they are relatively nutritious.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
After I saw your post I grabbed a huge pack of superworms and I caught eating a roach. So until these run out I'll do whichever she wants.

So a little update: this little heffar. I think she maybe a sociopath and quite the manipulative little drama queen lol she's totally normal now. I honest to god watched her start at one end of the tank hobbling and then just stand up and walk normal. All joking aside though, her body skin was just to the point of any day it was going to shed loose. This whole time she's going through all this and once it broke loose she seemed to be fine. Her sheds are very thick and even when she's been at her best and well hydrated her sheds seem to give her problems. So idk if maybe her body aches or something? I can't imagine your skin peeling off is comfortable, but I have no other explanation.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Shedding is not really anything stressful, it's very natural + causes minimal discomfort. It may be several things causing the wobbly walking and maybe the new bulb, extra hydration , calcium powder are helping. It may also be that she did hurt it somehow and it's feeling a little bit better. OR....it's a combination of all above.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I wonder if shedding sis stressful to her though for some reason. Because the past two times she has shed she has gotten really bad off. I bathe and hydrate and she still seems to have a rough time with it.

So my problem at the moment is that she is REFUSING to eat anything other than supers. She only want them hand fed to her at her leisure, which is not quite possible all the time since I do still have to keep my job and take care of my daughter. She won't eat a roach at all. Yesterday I bathed her and gave her water twice but she only wants baby food and supers. Those superworms are breaking me!!!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yup, she's officially rotten! :D :D :D

She has your number Zombie and, she's pushing buttons while she can, lol! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Zombiepanda":26b7qu4q said:
I wonder if shedding sis stressful to her though for some reason. Because the past two times she has shed she has gotten really bad off. I bathe and hydrate and she still seems to have a rough time with it.

So my problem at the moment is that she is REFUSING to eat anything other than supers. She only want them hand fed to her at her leisure, which is not quite possible all the time since I do still have to keep my job and take care of my daughter. She won't eat a roach at all. Yesterday I bathed her and gave her water twice but she only wants baby food and supers. Those superworms are breaking me!!!
This is why they are only served as treats, they are just as addictive as wax worms.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Don't worry, many beardies will prefer one insect over another and then switch back after a while. :) Nearly every long time breeder uses superworms, your beardie will be fine [ don't let her gorge on them ] I have raised many dragons for over 20 years that have eaten and still eat superworms as part of their diet . Never had an impaction, no gout and no ill effects at all. They contain some nutrients and as long as you put some calcium powder on them they are perfectly fine . Your dragon will likely return to eating other bugs at some point, don't worry .

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
This little heffar is ABSOLUTELY rotten!! It was bad enough that she had developed herself an "automatic roach feeder". I put the roaches in a Tupperware bowl and left them for her and when she wants one she walks up the the bowl and stares at me until I get up and tilt it over for her. Laaaaaaaaaaaazy!!!!! She's still drinking plenty of water (I'm mixing calcium into it) but she's obviously lost weight and she needs to get it together LOL I don't like to eat healthy either but I'm not going to starve myself ? She's still pooping fine and FINALLY learned to do it on the other side of her tank instead of her basking spot and then getting peeved because she has to move. Crazy lizard.. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom