Walking on ankles? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Today i noticed my beardie was walking on his ankles/wrists and resting on them also, pretty sure i've never seen him do it before, is this normal?

I also notice when bathing he curls his toes towards the sky?

Thanks in advance guys :D

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
NO it is not normal! My dragon never does that, it may be signs of M.B.D.
Do you have a uv light? and what do you feed him is his live food dusted?

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah, he has a uv bulb. is food is dusted, 5 days a week i dust in calcium powder, 2 days a week i dust in multi-vitamin powder.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which brand of UVB do you use, & what type is it, a fluorescent tube bulb or a compact/coil light?
The brand & type are very important as most of them are not effective in the least, for UVB emissions.

Tracie

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
it's a flourescent bulb, big long one, can't remember the brand atm, it's the one that everyone on here recommends, 10%.

Today i looked closer, and one of his legs seems fine, where as the right one is still the same, it seems weak when he tries to stand on it. i tried moving his uvb bulb lower down in his enclosure to see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom