Viv pics only thread

halffrozen

Hatchling Member
geckofeet86":2qcd1wjq said:
Anyone live in the Seattle area know where I can buy or have one of those nice wooden enclosures made? I would like 2 to stack on top of eachother. I know you can order them online, but the price of shipping is insane!

Make ti yourself, it really isn't hard at all. Just takes and once of handiness to get it going right. :)

imcallumwbu

Everyone has such nice tanks! Well, heres mine, top one isnt much until I get some money to have her tested for parasites, but the bottom one is almost done, just need a few more decorations! :)

imcallumwbu

Yeah im pretty aware of the risks, its simpler to clean out than paper, looks better, and my beardies know not to eat it and are hand fed so they never eat it, atleast not from what ive seen

imcallumwbu

Sorry im not sure what you mean? It does make me happy, it looks good, allows them to dig, imaginably more comfortable than tile, easy to clean, whats the problem?

I'm not trying to offend you or your choice of substrate. You've stated that you hand feed them so as long as you do that for as long as you have them there shouldn't be a problem with impaction.

And I'm sure when they have a slimy, liquid excretions, wood chippings make it easier to clean.

imcallumwbu

My female, who has been on wood chip, the longest has just had a huge poop, I know your worries but as soon as she has any signs of impaction I will take out the woodchip, but I never give them any chance to eat the bark, my only worry is her parasites, shes been treated for coccidiosis twice but still no impeovement... but you have my word, the day she eats baark is the day it comes out and in goes the tile

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom