Viv pics only thread

Barrett

I actually got it from PJ Pets In Vaughn Ontario..
bloody thing was near 30 bucks for my tank though it was quite pricey I found.. It is double sided though the other side has this dark, top with a bunch of rocks and some drift wood

Thank you ! Its quite boring right now lol but I live a boring life atm so I figured might as well share lol

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Everend":wsqwapyb said:
Hey folks, I'm getting ready to build a new viv. I've seen postings around where people discuss the in's and out's of specific features but sorting through all the 'discussion' takes a while. So, I want to start a thread here that is ONLY for posting your pic of your viv. Please don't turn this thread into an argument... err I mean discussion over the best substrate or light or temp or... Let's just post pics and oohh and ahhh over our collective creativeness!

P.S. I have been reading many of the other discussion threads. Since this is such a healthy topic there is a lot of info to go through.

This is the first post made by the original poster. I would like to re-quote this statement:
"Please don't turn this thread into an argument... err I mean discussion over the best substrate or light or temp or... "

Let's all be respectful here and remember the "PM" option. Thank you.

Great photo's guys! :D And another Canadian! Ya! Let's all keep our viv pics coming! :love5:

imcallumwbu

Hi morphmom,

I would just like to say we did take it to a PM and begun speaking on level terms in the end :) and yeah I agree, nice vivs, why isnt there any of yours on here that ive seen? Get them up! :D

morphmom

BD.org Addict
imcallumwbu":2rhcnbg1 said:
Hi morphmom,

I would just like to say we did take it to a PM and begun speaking on level terms in the end and yeah I agree, nice vivs, why isnt there any of yours on here that ive seen? Get them up!

The post was more of a reminder as the thread has gotten so long that it's easy to miss the first post :wink: Mine are there, just buried deep! LOL! :lol: Once the new viv is done I'll, post again :mrgreen:

Wow!! I have some work to do!! Some of these vivs are AMAZING!! I am a new owner and any advice with my viv would be great!! Here is what i got:

enclosure.jpg

RangoB

Me and my wife just completed building our first viv , and introduced its resident - Rango . First Reptile for me , and he is so cool . Believe it or not the cabinet started out as a micro wave cart we found at a thrift store and completely tore apart and rebuilt , adding and reinforcing as necessary . The rock background and ,ramp ,and stair case was a blast to make , and all possible from research done , mostly on this site . We have been working and researching this project for what seems like months. anyhow - we think it's pretty cool . --- We are definatly new to this rep tile thing , and we welcome any and all feed back .

wente013

Hello!
When we first adopted 1 1/2 yr old Sappho, she was housed under these conditions:

She was on walnut (ick), and had a twig, which wouldn't even stand up. She had a cave, but she was clearly getting too big to comfortably fit inside it.

Then we moved her arrangements around like this (the same day we rehomed her):

And then we rescued another (baby) beardie, Achilles. So we rearranged Sappho's tank, added a T8 tube, found a really fun poster to put behind the back glass, gave her a flax seed box, and a new hiding spot. We also put her tank up on a coffee table stand that we found for free on a street corner.

Before the current set-up:

Here is the new current set-up:

Sappho's tank close-up:

Achilles' tank (smaller, but he is still tiny, so it works until we build a custom for both of them!-- thanks for all of the neat build ideas, folks!!):

Here is their outside house (we found this at a second hand store for $1.50:

EDIT/UPDATE:
I worked really hard this weekend, and built this new home out of an older display case. It took me around 15 hours to complete, and cost under $200 for everything. I found that the most expensive part was the new plexiglass and track lighting. It looks really cool in person, and Im pretty proud of myself, as I do not have any carpentry background (I didn't even take shop in high school...lol). After reading through and looking at everyone's post, I felt confident and just went with it!
Here is the original display case, advertised from a small antique shop for $58, sold to me for $35:

The back of the display case has nice sliding doors on the top. I took the mirrors out, and cut plexiglass to fit into the doors-- after I painted them:

Here is a picture with the top doors in:

Next, I painted the bottom-- which is Achilles's home:

After:

I bought fairly cheap vents that are covered with mesh wire at the local hardware store. Cutting the holes was tricky, and I honestly did not do the best of job...but I managed to make it work. Next time, I want to connect the vents with something other than silicone--it ended up looking kind of messy after it dried.

I forgot to take more pictures.... but here is the whole assembly! It measures 4 feet long by 19 inches wide, and 16 inches high in each level.

Any suggestions for improvements would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

hisspit

Here is my first bearded dragon vivarium 48"x18"x22", took a lot of info from this site and put it to good use, viv has x1 t5 12% tube as main light with a 75w reptisun spotlight for basking and a 100w ceramic for night time warmth.
Tiled the floor with slate tiles for ease of cleaning and put in various pieces of pre soaked, disinfected and baked wood and bark.
Any comments welcome good or bad as I'm a newb with this particular reptile.
vivheadon-1_zps7403bc58.jpg

vivrhs-1_zps14a33b9d.jpg

vivlhs-1_zps6ddf6110.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom