Viv pics only thread

Howdy! So I just adopted this little baby. I think he is only a few weeks old considering his size. The tank he is in is 20gal, he has 2 heat bulbs (one for nighttime, though it hasn't been necessary), the UVB light on top is **** and I'm working on figuring out how to attach a better one to the inside. There is a sticky tape thermometer in there but I also have a digital probe going in (stays around 109 at the basking spot, 85 under his hide). The paper towel substrate is easy to clean but hides crickets so easily!

1093536_10153054112780431_1319898449_o.jpg

also i hope that img url works haha

Oh wow that is a beautiful tank. I'm super jealous of the slate tiles...my have to steal that idea. They look so clean and nice. Also jealous of the doors that open on the front haha. Where'd you nab that cage from?

TheRedOx

BarryLyndon":37u2wc07 said:
Oh wow that is a beautiful tank. I'm super jealous of the slate tiles...my have to steal that idea. They look so clean and nice. Also jealous of the doors that open on the front haha. Where'd you nab that cage from?
Thanks! Yeah, I like the slate too. Found a cool dude (also a Beardie parent) at Lowe's who cut them for free for me. The tank was just a Craigslist find - $50, some kind of custom job. My Leos and my Crestie all have front opening ExoTerras - there was no way I was going to buy a tank without front doors, it makes everything so much easier!

Sweet! I'm going to Lowe's or HD this weekend for a new UVB fixture so I'll check out the tiles too. I was looking into exo-terra but they seemed so expensive/were higher then they were wide. I'll look into a front-opening cage once my baby gets bigger

New to this so be gentle, had lizards before and came into having these almost by accident. Went to a house to buy a car, they also mentioned they were selling these two below, thought nothing of it but got home and felt they needed a good home. Got rid of the sand base and gave the tank a good clean out and this is it so far. Going out tomorrow shopping for bits and pieces to add levels to the setup and give them something to do. In addition will add lot of artificial foliage for hiding etc.

Also adding some kind of backing to break up the plainness of the woodgrain, what's the best way to attach this where it wont get torn down.

Its 48" x 21" x 20". The old man is asleep under the tunnel.

I am considering converting the left hand side to a digging/basking area.

All input gratefully received and any recommendations of good shops in the west midlands also appreciated.

Edit to add the darkness is because its bed time and the light is off.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Steviefull":t4sestz2 said:
New to this so be gentle, had lizards before and came into having these almost by accident. Went to a house to buy a car, they also mentioned they were selling these two below, thought nothing of it but got home and felt they needed a good home. Got rid of the sand base and gave the tank a good clean out and this is it so far. Going out tomorrow shopping for bits and pieces to add levels to the setup and give them something to do. In addition will add lot of artificial foliage for hiding etc.

Also adding some kind of backing to break up the plainness of the woodgrain, what's the best way to attach this where it wont get torn down.

Its 48" x 21" x 20". The old man is asleep under the tunnel.

I am considering converting the left hand side to a digging/basking area.

All input gratefully received and any recommendations of good shops in the west midlands also appreciated.

Edit to add the darkness is because its bed time and the light is off.

i would sugest having a bigger basking spot like a big bit of slate or wood so they can both bask if they with... lol that little wooden hide i have the exsect same one and my female Lola belle loved it (a little to much) and started to stay in there all day! i had to take it out in the end lol.. beautiful beardie basking there

Hello everyone! I am new to owning and looking after a lizard, spent months planning and learning. I decided I wanted one when I went to the pet store and got one out to hold, loved it!. I bought the vivarium from ebay under a very good offer were I got a cabinet and vivarium for a very good price indeed :blob5: I have been shopping for bits and bobs and managed to create this viv, I want to know what everyone thinks, if it is suitable and wether it needs improvments, the only one I can think of would be plants for hiding.

Also would it be ok to have a small water dish on the cool side or will this create unwanted humidity? The viv is 4 x 2 x 2.1

Temps are 43 Underneath the basking spot
35 air temp on hot side
26 on cool side :D

any advice would be fantastic

Pics

Full size shot
20130817_132826.jpg

Basking area spot
20130817_132807.jpg

geckofeet86

Anyone live in the Seattle area know where I can buy or have one of those nice wooden enclosures made? I would like 2 to stack on top of eachother. I know you can order them online, but the price of shipping is insane!

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom